+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Giveaway] ProTube Comes to the iPad With ProTube HD

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Great work, Jonas! I'd love to have this in my hands. It's just about time I have a decent Youtube app in my iPad. Plus, it adds some cool features
...
  1. #21
    Theme Creator winfis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Callus, Catalonia
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 199 Times in 74 Posts

    Great work, Jonas!
    I'd love to have this in my hands. It's just about time I have a decent Youtube app in my iPad. Plus, it adds some cool features that I love and would use, like the video downloading.

    Cydia Number: 264547

  2. #22
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    It's really good app. I use my ipad 1 a whole lot when i get home. I'm watching vids and so this app would be used and not just installed to take up space. #1249089

  3. #23
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    this app looks amazing! a must have! account #2699913

  4. #24
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    It seemed to be very amazing. I'd like to use it for our Internet forum Youtube video share at our KTM-Homepage

    I MUSS HAVE IT!
    #323198

  5. #25
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    So what? You won't find its features in the mobile application will you?
    Well, that guy is complaining that he hates the mobile version. Also, the only "feature" here is video downloading. But there are tons of free apps in the app store that let you do this. And you don't even have to be jailbroken (for all you 4S and iPad 2 users.)

    secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

  6. #26
    Green Apple Maxner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Well, that guy is complaining that he hates the mobile version. Also, the only "feature" here is video downloading. But there are tons of free apps in the app store that let you do this. And you don't even have to be jailbroken (for all you 4S and iPad 2 users.)
    Thats what I call ignorance.

  7. #27
    iPhoneaholic bigliquid530's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxner View Post
    Thats what I call ignorance.
    LoL

  8. #28
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Nice and cleaned up more productive YourTube type app... I jus keeps gettin better

    It just**

  9. #29
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,866
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 991 Times in 731 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Well, that guy is complaining that he hates the mobile version. Also, the only "feature" here is video downloading. But there are tons of free apps in the app store that let you do this. And you don't even have to be jailbroken (for all you 4S and iPad 2 users.)
    No there are about 30 more features than just downloading that ProTube has that Mobile YouTube doesn't. You can read more about it in the Cydia description.

  10. #30
    Green Apple Maxner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    I will submit the update for ProTube (v1.4) and ProTube HD (v1.1) today. The updates will include bugfixes, and as mentioned by Anthony, the main changes are less memory usage and better caching!

  11. #31
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i'll watch videos with it. thanks.

    My Cydia account number is # 1259137

  12. #32
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxner View Post
    Thats what I call ignorance.
    This is how one reacts to a critique of his tweak.

    secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

  13. #33
    Green Apple Maxner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    This is how one reacts to a critique of his tweak.
    You call this criticism? lol You haven't even read the post, and if you have you must be kidding me. This is trolling, but at the lowest level, with no intelligence behind it. I like criticism - but it has to be constructive. After the first release of ProTube i got uncountable emails requesting and criticizing that the feature of adding saved videos to camera roll was missing. I updated the app right away and added that feature. Sooo many People wanted HD downloads. So I spent hours, looking for a way to do that, basically rewrote the download implementations from scratch, spent days debugging. But saying that the only feature is downloading, what kind of critique is that? Read Anthony's review - then your "critique". You will maybe see what I mean :P But why should I send my time with random superficial guys? Ill better submit the update of ProTube now.

    I couldn't finish the update for ProTube HD this evening, but i will finish and submit it tomorrow! Should be the last major update for a while!

  14. #34
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxner View Post
    You call this criticism? lol You haven't even read the post, and if you have you must be kidding me. This is trolling, but at the lowest level, with no intelligence behind it. I like criticism - but it has to be constructive. After the first release of ProTube i got uncountable emails requesting and criticizing that the feature of adding saved videos to camera roll was missing. I updated the app right away and added that feature. Sooo many People wanted HD downloads. So I spent hours, looking for a way to do that, basically rewrote the download implementations from scratch, spent days debugging. But saying that the only feature is downloading, what kind of critique is that? Read Anthony's review - then your "critique". You will maybe see what I mean :P But why should I send my time with random superficial guys? Ill better submit the update of ProTube now.

    I couldn't finish the update for ProTube HD this evening, but i will finish and submit it tomorrow! Should be the last major update for a while!
    Mmm..do now I'm unintelligent, ignorant, I don't know how to read, and a troll. Have you seen the forums? Ive helped so many people solve there problems, and since I don't believe your tweak is the best tweak on cydia means I'm a troll? That's ridiculous.

    secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

  15. #35
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I just got my iPad 2 and once the jailbreak comes put I hope to be able to add this to my artillery instantly as I find it a perfect improvement to MxTube !

    #1050050

  16. #36
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,866
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 991 Times in 731 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Mmm..do now I'm unintelligent, ignorant, I don't know how to read, and a troll. Have you seen the forums? Ive helped so many people solve there problems, and since I don't believe your tweak is the best tweak on cydia means I'm a troll? That's ridiculous.
    You're trying to say that it's nothing more than the mobile YouTube application and yet it has countless more features. You expect respect from that statement? I agree with Maxner, sorry.

    You should really have read up more about the application and its features, even if I didn't state all of them in the article, which you cannot achieve with any other YouTube application on iOS 5 without having numerous tweaks and applications installed. In fact, even with numerous tweaks and applications installed, you won't get all of the features that you get in ProTube. It's the best one-stop-shop YouTube application on Cydia to date and it's a steal for the price he is asking. Your criticism is trying to compare it to the Safari bookmark? Heh. It holds no water...

    EDIT: I have picked the winners and I have sent the Cydia numbers to Jonas. If you have won then you should be able to download ProTube HD sometime in the next 36-48 hours. Check to see if you've won!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-18-2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Winners picked

  17. #37
    Green Apple Maxner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    I have sent a complimentary copy to each winner this morning. I will now submit the ipad update and another iphone update. Download Manager will be less laggy while downloading and will update more frequently (i found a much better way of updating the progress and the labels). Localizations are coming next!

  18. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone leetut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    sunderland
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    been looking at protube for hours, there is NO option to comment

    also had to click advanced before i could comment here, why???

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts