Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bloomberg: Next iPad Will Have LTE, Quad Core Processor, Hi-Res Screen

Default Bloomberg: Next iPad Will Have LTE, Quad Core Processor, Hi-Res Screen

When Bloomberg says it, you know its more than just a rumor... you know?

Bloomberg reports via their Twitter that the next iPad has started production. It will have LTE (long term evolution) access which means that it will finally support the 4G network that many of you have been wanting forever on iOS devices. We hope very much that Apple has found a way to keep battery life looking up and high even with the power-guzzling 4G access. We know that Apple has kept with 3G for battery reasons and they chose to stick with 3G HSPA+ on AT&T's network because it uses the less power-hungry 3G chip while still reaching the same speeds or at least near 4G network speeds.

With this news, Bloomberg also confirms a quad core processor that is faster than the current iPad 2's dual core A5 processor. It is likely that it will be dubbed the A6 processor, but the iPad 3 (or whatever it might be named) will have mostly the same design as the iPad 2. The aluminum curved backing and the slim form factor will be present. We don't know what the clock speeds of the new processor will be, but being a quad core processor, Apple will have wiggle room to keep the clock speeds the same or lower than the A5 while still achieving better speeds than the current A5 dual core processor.

The last thing that Bloomberg has confirmed is a higher resolution display than the current iPad 2 has. We don't know if the screen will just be 'hi-res' like the screens that you can get with MacBook Pro laptops, or if it will support a retina display. What we do know is that the higher resolution will require a better GPU (graphics processing unit) and will therefore use more battery life than the iPad 2 currently does. Yet another reason that we are hoping for a much better battery.

Bloomberg wasn't very descriptive in their tweets, being quick as not to release too much information, but they cite that the information comes from three people who are familiar with the iPad 3 device that is being produced. We don't know if it will be called the iPad 3 or the iPad 2S, but time will tell. The heat is on Bloomberg if they are wrong.

If the next iPad has LTE, a quad core processor, a higher resolution screen, and better battery will you be buying it? Share in the comments.

Sources: Bloomberg
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-13-2012 at 02:27 PM.

difinately! in for 2

Hope this translates to a new iPhone with similar specs

How is Bloomberg "confirming" all this?

I'll be getting 1 can't wait hope all these rumours are true!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Even the "serious" news institutions have an abysmal track record with Apple device rumors.

How many times did the Wall Street Journal "call" the Verizon iPhone before they got it right? I recall at least three false starts (saying "Q1 2010" then "with the next model in Q2/Q3 2010" then "Holidays 2010"?).

I don't care what "bastion of journalistic integrity" or "icon of news-reporting excellence" you are...

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Even the "serious" news institutions have an abysmal track record with Apple device rumors.

How many times did the Wall Street Journal "call" the Verizon iPhone before they got it right? I recall at least three false starts (saying "Q1 2010" then "with the next model in Q2/Q3 2010" then "Holidays 2010"?).

I don't care what "bastion of journalistic integrity" or "icon of news-reporting excellence" you are...
    Ha love it. No news organization in this day an age is safe from being fed crap info from "anonymous" sources. However, you hope the journalistic integrity and intelligence of these news organizations is greater than your average blog. It might be more of a problem of "trusted inside sources" being full of crap. Eventually you think they'd learn their lesson, but the chance that they could be right, and have the first scoop usually outweighs any reservations an editorial board has in the current 24-hour news media cycle.

I'll take the quad core and the better screen, but as there is no LTE in the UK until 2013 at the earliest and it will be mega expensive I'll take a wifi only version

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I never really found the usefulness for an iPad, but a quad core processor sounds pretty intense!

I really hope they don't call it the iPad 2S, that just sounds retarded.

All journalism is now subject to ********. The New York Times published are article with information I know 100% may god strike me dead right now if I'm lying is completely inaccurate. Not related to technology but the point is. We're all being.fed crap for a cheap website hit or sale

I will definitely upgrade from my original iPad to the new iPad 2s/iPad 3 or whatever it's called IF rumors are true!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll WAIT for a jb to be released then buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by sobeniceguy2 View Post
    Hope this translates to a new iPhone with similar specs
    4g lte would be sweet

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    4g lte would be sweet
    +1...way better than the 4s which is HSPA
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

They need to get rid of the push down home button. On the iPad and iPhone. After a while it starts to give and eventually breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    They need to get rid of the push down home button. On the iPad and iPhone. After a while it starts to give and eventually breaks.
    +1 or give the option to have slide guestures on the iPhone like they do on the ipad

I would be sorely disappointed if Apple were drawn into a processor race.. The iPad 2 is awesome enough as it is with dual core processors. Heck, even the screen's fine as it is. My Macbook came with the hi-res display and I had to resize my fonts every time I opened a new window in Safari cos of it.. I rather they keep things the same but with more battery life for my i-devices.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Probably because they have a bunch of industry insiders working there. Could also be people just claiming that it will be..... Or Apple has finally decided to put something new into the iPad.