+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Comcast Brings Live TV to the iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Comcast is finally throwing its live cable streaming solution into the mix with the AnyPlay service. AnyPlay allows Comcast Xfinity Triple Play subscribers to access live cable programming on their
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Comcast Brings Live TV to the iPad

Comcast is finally throwing its live cable streaming solution into the mix with the AnyPlay service.

AnyPlay allows Comcast Xfinity Triple Play subscribers to access live cable programming on their iPad via the Xfinitiy TV iPad App. Sadly users can only stream programming while at home blackballing those traveling on the road. Definitely not the Slingbox like solution users were hoping for.

Xfinitity subscribers will still be able to access On Demand services while on the road though. Hopefully a jailbreak tweak provides a workaround for this. It seems odd they would restrict the ability to stream cable programming to the iPad while it is the same house as the owners numerous TVs. This somewhat defeats the purpose of having a mobile computing device, but will be nice for those who want to watch programming separate from those in the same room.

The service is currently restricted to the Denver and Nashville areas with more rollouts planned later this year. However, a specific time-frame and specific locations were not given.

Source: TUAW

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Guess being able to stream live tv to the ipad then airplay to an appletv to a tv would save you the 3-7$ fee for a cablebox in that room. All that since you have to be at home to watch the streams.

I have only 2 cable boxes in my place. One in the living room and one in bedroom. Office/spare bedroom has appletv for netflix to tv.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I've been using the optimum app to watch cable on my iPad and iPhone. My cable provider is cablevision & it works the same way, I can only watch mobile tv at home.😭

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Guess being able to stream live tv to the ipad then airplay to an appletv to a tv would save you the 3-7$ fee for a cablebox in that room. All that since you have to be at home to watch the streams.

I have only 2 cable boxes in my place. One in the living room and one in bedroom. Office/spare bedroom has appletv for netflix to tv.
    The Optimum app doesn't allow the use of airplay so I don't think they would either.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I bet they eventually block it from launching on Jailbroken devices.

An unjailbroken sandbox or iOS virtual machine on the ipad where all of these types of apps could be installed would be nice.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post
    I bet they eventually block it from launching on Jailbroken devices.

An unjailbroken sandbox or iOS virtual machine on the ipad where all of these types of apps could be installed would be nice.
    Isn't there already another jailbreak tweak that bypasses the block on jailbroken devices? Thought I read about that a while back.