+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLounge Editor Says He Got Touchy Feely with the iPad 3 Yesterday

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default iLounge Editor Says He Got Touchy Feely with the iPad 3 Yesterday

On Tuesday we learned that iLounge editor Jeremy Horwitz got to lay his eyes - and even his hands - on the most eagerly anticipated device of early 2012 - the third generation Apple iPad.

Horwitz says he beheld the iPad 3 yesterday at the CES 2012 show in Las Vegas, Nevada. His response? Not much to write home about, as it turns out.

"I’d show you a picture," Horwitz wrote today, "but there’s honestly nothing to be seen. Think iPhone 4 to iPhone 4S: this device so resembles the iPad 2 that differences are only obvious when they’re placed next to each other. From the back, you could walk past this new iPad on display and have no idea that anything had changed."

The new iPad’s body is so slightly thicker than the iPad 2 that the change is unnoticeable on first inspection; a roughly 1mm increase will barely be perceptible to users... these changes are so modest that Apple could easily call this device the “iPad 2S” or “iPad 2HD” if it wanted to start the lettering game with its tablets.
    He did, however, observe that the prototype he viewed didn't appear to be fresh off the assembly line. Horwitz believes the iPad 3 he checked out was at least six months old.

"All I can tell you is that every company I’ve asked about the next iPad seems to think what I’ve told you above is correct," Horwitz concludes, "apart from the possible screen size tweak, which remains uncertain."

To read the complete hands-on review, click here.

Source: iLounge

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What a jip, apples milking this strategy for everything its worth. And they are winning cause am still gonna buy the Ipad 3. LOL

Green Apple
    Thanks

Releasing virtually the same product as last year... typical Apple, no surprise here. But of course a bunch of idiot will still upgrade

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruthless Killa8 For This Useful Post:

Back4More (01-10-2012)

Banned
    Thanks

hahahahahahaha I called that! Sad part is like I said before, here will be all the fanboys standing in line to buy the SAME THING that came out last year

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Back4More View Post
    hahahahahahaha I called that! Sad part is like I said before, here will be all the fanboys standing in line to buy the SAME THING that came out last year

because the casing = the product? Some of the most dense commenting i've seen on MMI. the 4s is nothing like a 4 inside.
    My iPhone 4 Mod Flickr Stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54754025@N07/

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JesseDegenerate View Post
    because the casing = the product? Some of the most dense commenting i've seen on MMI. the 4s is nothing like a 4 inside.
    Thank you for saying this. People act like Apple is the only company doing this. The iPad 2 already looks great anyways. What's so bad about its design now? It's what's inside the ipad 3 that'll make the difference and the possible retina display. It's a shame people think same design=same product.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The 4s is quite a bit faster. I think its just that people want to be able to be "seen" with the latest generation device. If the next generation looks like the old one, people won't be able to gloat about they're precious device at first glance.

What's Jailbreak? HereToTrollolol's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well it is hard to redesign something that is already a good device

iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

What people are not considering is that Apple is a business and have to take into account the market factors and competition. Why released a totally new crazy iPad when there isn't competition to squash it? Wait for the competitors to drop their latest fancy 'iPad killers' and then released the awesomeness of a totally new insane iPad... duh...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Are Apple even at CES? I call the highest amount of bullish*t on this guy.

"I’d show you a picture," Horwitz wrote today, "but there’s honestly nothing to be seen.
    How convenient.

Horwitz believes the iPad 3 he checked out was at least six months old.
    Is he sure he wasn't just holding an iPad 2? He backs up his argument by referencing the iPad 2 pics iLounge "unveiled" last year....they were blatant fakes, they didn't even photoshop a correct home-screen. What a joke.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Killa8 View Post
    Releasing virtually the same product as last year... typical Apple, no surprise here. But of course a bunch of idiot will still upgrade
    Calling other idiots because they upgrade... Do I read some jealously? You know, between the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S, for those who appreciate a good camera, maybe they upgrading wasn't such a stupid move as you might think. Same thing could very well happen with the iPad 3. Not many changes but maybe there is one that makes it worth for people to perhaps sell their iPads and buy the new one.

I'm sorry you can't seem to understand that but please do us all a favor and don't go call other people idiots because they decide to upgrade, not when you don't even know their reasons to do so.

As an iPad 2 user myself I don't really expect many changes. I'd think one of the most important ones would be the front facing camera though. Retina display isn't THAT needed. The iPad's display looks pretty good to me. And yes I do love my iPhone 4's retina display. And I'd probably love to have one on my iPad as well but I don't feel it is required in order to improve the user experience, however since some tablets will be featuring 1080p screens and all soon enough, maybe it is indeed coming to the iPad as well.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    A retina display and a good camera are more than enough for me.<br><br>First, I read books on my iPad 2 and often read on my iPhone 4s just because the retina display makes the fonts sooo much crisper and cleaner.<br><br>Second, I waited for the 4s mainly for the camera and taking pics of the kids. The same camera would be great for my weekly Skype or Dacetime sessions. ( I live in Japan and often call family)

Banned
    Thanks

Ohhhh that's right because there is soo much more different internally on the 4S than the 4. Let's see here it has a different processor, and a different camera. Oh wait I forgot it has a battery that carries .05 WHrs more than the 4 which clearly doesn't do crap seeing as how the 4S's battery life SUCKS!

So WOW YES OMG those new features are simply AMAZING!! I really don't understand why I didn't go and stand in line for 867 hours to get one on release day

Crapples idea of a "new device" is one that looks exactly like the last one, has maybe a couple of new things internally, and the majority of changes are in the software which can be put on last years device as well. Whooptie doo

Quote Originally Posted by CMartins View Post
    Calling other idiots because they upgrade... Do I read some jealously? You know, between the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S, for those who appreciate a good camera, maybe they upgrading wasn't such a stupid move as you might think. Same thing could very well happen with the iPad 3. Not many changes but maybe there is one that makes it worth for people to perhaps sell their iPads and buy the new one.

I'm sorry you can't seem to understand that but please do us all a favor and don't go call other people idiots because they decide to upgrade, not when you don't even know their reasons to do so.

As an iPad 2 user myself I don't really expect many changes. I'd think one of the most important ones would be the front facing camera though. Retina display isn't THAT needed. The iPad's display looks pretty good to me. And yes I do love my iPhone 4's retina display. And I'd probably love to have one on my iPad as well but I don't feel it is required in order to improve the user experience, however since some tablets will be featuring 1080p screens and all soon enough, maybe it is indeed coming to the iPad as well.
    Jealousy of what? You make it sound like people who talk smack can't afford to upgrade or something. Hell I've got 5 brand new in the box iPhone 4S's sitting right here on my desk which are for sale on my local craigslist. I love making money off all the retards that buy this crap up.
    Last edited by Back4More; 01-10-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks

Ohhhh that's right because there is soo much more different internally on the 4S than the 4. Let's see here it has a different processor, and a different camera. Oh wait I forgot it has a battery that carries .05 WHrs more than the 4 which clearly doesn't do crap seeing as how the 4S's battery life SUCKS!

So WOW YES OMG those new features are simply AMAZING!! I really don't understand why I didn't go and stand in line for 867 hours to get one on release day

Crapples idea of a "new device" is one that looks exactly like the last one, has maybe a couple of new things internally, and the majority of changes are in the software which can be put on last years device as well. Whooptie doo
    It's funny, I don't really know what for you is a good phone right because you seem to think the iPhone blows and whoever buys it for the price Apple set is a tard. Have you ever thought that Apple making one phone per year is competing with all the other brands altogether making piles of phones? Regarding the fact they look identical, which is rather obvious why but I'll let it slide, the hardware is pretty different as far as I know. You can argue that most apps don't need the specs the 4S offers since they run (most of them) pretty well on the iPhone 4 but it has still proved to run them better graphically and speed wise. And obviously it carries a much better camera. What were you expecting? A face unlock feature that fails with the guy thats showing it off for the first time? Well yeah I guess that is not Apple's style indeed.

You should check your standards, they seem to be way too high.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CMartins View Post
    It's funny, I don't really know what for you is a good phone right because you seem to think the iPhone blows and whoever buys it for the price Apple set is a tard. Have you ever thought that Apple making one phone per year is competing with all the other brands altogether making piles of phones? Regarding the fact they look identical, which is rather obvious why but I'll let it slide, the hardware is pretty different as far as I know. You can argue that most apps don't need the specs the 4S offers since they run (most of them) pretty well on the iPhone 4 but it has still proved to run them better graphically and speed wise. And obviously it carries a much better camera. What were you expecting? A face unlock feature that fails with the guy thats showing it off for the first time? Well yeah I guess that is not Apple's style indeed.

You should check your standards, they seem to be way too high.
    Check my standards? Lmao why cause I'm not stupid enough to go buy a 4S seeing as how it's basically EXACTLY THE SAME as the phone I already got in my pocket? I love you guys who keep bringing up the "upgraded camera" like it's this super awesome new feature. Are you kidding me it's a CAMERA PHONE!!! It's a convenient thing to have around if you need to snap a quick picture of something. I find it amusing how many retards use their camera phone for EVERYTHING like it's supposed to take amazing quality pictures or something. I remember seeing one guy talking about how his sister asked him to shoot videos and take pictures at her wedding and how he did it all one his iPhone. Like are you kidding me what a joke I'm sure his sister was amazed at the quality of the videos and photos Oh wait let's not forget about the idiot I seen out on the strip last month taking pictures with his IPAD!! Looked like a friggin moron with a giant iPad in his hand trying to take pictures. Guess it just shows how simple minded most Crapple users really are.

Also you prove my point exactly when you said "the hardware is pretty different as far as I know", so clearly YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW FOR SURE WTF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!! Just another trendy person who donated to Crapple's stock!

Also just for the record I'm not saying that the 4S is a sh.itty phone, well it kinda is because there is no jailbreak and IMO an iDevice WITHOUT a Jailbreak = COMPLETELY WORTHLESS! I'm simply laughing at all the toolbags who own an iPhone 4 and ran out on release day and waited hours and hours in line only to buy basically EXACTLY THE SAME THING they already got in their pocket! It's sad and pathetic!

So now were talking about another iPad that once again is gonna basically be the same as last year yet people will make a fuss and be like "OMFG DID YOU GUYS SEE THE NEW IPAD OMG IT'S SO EFFIN COOL!!!! Yeah it's exactly like last years model but the new iPad has a toothpick holder on the side now so if I get something stuck in my teeth BLAM just bust out my iPad and BAM got my toothpick right there in the new toothpick holder. OMFG I CAN'T WAIT I'm gonna go camp out at the Crapple store 2 weeks in advance just to make sure I get one!!!!"

Yeah that about sums it up
    Last edited by Back4More; 01-10-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Thanks

Jealousy of what? You make it sound like people who talk smack can't afford to upgrade or something. Hell I've got 5 brand new in the box iPhone 4S's sitting right here on my desk which are for sale on my local craigslist. I love making money off all the retards that buy this crap up.
    im noticing that ur such a hater...ur coming into an iOS community to bash on people who admire what they like. basically ur trolling...which is not cool and doesnt give you +50 ubber points. im asking that u please be kind and enjoy MMi like the rest of the community and stop being a troll.

You prove my point exactly! You said it yourself "the hardware is pretty different as far as I know", so clearly YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW FOR SURE WTF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!! Just another trendy person who donated to Crapple's stock!

Also just for the record I'm not saying that the 4S is a sh.itty phone, well it kinda is because there is no jailbreak and IMO an iDevice WITHOUT a Jailbreak = COMPLETELY WORTHLESS! I'm simply laughing at all the toolbags who own iPhone 4's that run out on release day and wait hours and hours in line only to buy basically EXACTLY THE SAME THING they already got in their pocket! It's sad and pathetic!
    whats sad and pathetic about a person who wants to do what they want with their lives, money and time?

isnt it pathetic to have 5 devices on a desk amd selling them on craigslist for a quick buck the actually working a 9-5 and making good money off of that?
    i mean , its not like ur a legit iphone warehouse caking it off that alone...really?
    i have my 4S unjailbroken...i love the ish out that phone...jailbreak is just adding more to that...
    Last edited by z3r01; 01-10-2012 at 06:07 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

It's the inside that counts. :?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    im noticing that ur such a hater...ur coming into an iOS community to bash on people who admire what they like. basically ur trolling...which is not cool and doesnt give you +50 ubber points. im asking that u please be kind and enjoy MMi like the rest of the community and stop being a troll.<br><br><br><br>whats sad and pathetic about a person who wants to do what they want with their lives, money and time? <br><br>isnt it pathetic to have 5 devices on a desk amd selling them on craigslist for a quick buck the actually working a 9-5 and making good money off of that? <br>i mean , its not like ur a legit iphone warehouse caking it off that alone...really? <br>i have my 4S unjailbroken...i love the ish out that phone...jailbreak is just adding more to that...
    <br><br>+1<br><br>

Thanks

You are one angry bird. Suggest you let it go, unless you're getting paid to write this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Tashawn View Post
    It's the inside that counts. :?
    lol
    Last edited by domenicp; 01-10-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The only people that care about the outside being drastically different are the ones that want everyone to know they have the newest one. Its the "If it looks the same, how will people know I upgraded" mentality. I have no issues with my 4S looking like my 4. I don't plan to upgrade my iPad 2 to the iPad 3 but perhaps I will buy my wife one. Either way, I won't care if they look the same. The design is fine how it is.