+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bold iPad 3 AND iPad 4 Rumor for 2012 Sparks Doubt

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Although it's being reported today in the far east that Apple's next two generations worth of iPads could see the light of day before 2012 is over, many are naturally
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 565 Posts

Default Bold iPad 3 AND iPad 4 Rumor for 2012 Sparks Doubt

Although it's being reported today in the far east that Apple's next two generations worth of iPads could see the light of day before 2012 is over, many are naturally doubting Apple's willingness to release two refreshes of the same product in one year.

Nonetheless, on Friday Digitimes reported that current plans reportedly call for the iPad 3 to drop in March. This incarnation of the touchscreen tablet will be defined by its high-resolution Retina Display. The iPad 4, however, will then launch in the fall and be characterized by "killer" new applications.

"A true battle for market share will arrive in the second half of the year when Apple ships its iPad 4 in October," Digitimes asserts, "about the time when Microsoft releases its Window 8 and Intel unveils its Clover Trail-W platform, the sources commented."

The "sources" attributed to the claims are cited as knowledgeable Taiwan component makers.

Source: Digitimes

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Can we really predict what Apple will do? i mean.....its Apple

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

These rumor sites make these controversy posts just to increase traffic. Anyone that follows Apple knows they will not release two major updates to the same product in one year, they have no problem selling iPads.

Although I am very interested in seeing a quad core iPad, i highly doubt the A5 will be able to support a retina display at that size
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

There is no such thing as "knowledgeable Taiwan component makers". Apple wouldn't give anyone that advanced notice on such decisions, muchless component makers who don't know anything about where their parts are going and what they will be used for.

Digitimes is Digistupid!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Considering how all the rumours sites were saying we would be getting a iPhone 5 and all we ended up with was a slightly upgraded 4S, I'm going to take all these iPad rumours with an ocean of salt

Thanks

Default Bump that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by samuel17 View Post
    Can we really predict what Apple will do? i mean.....its Apple

Banned
    Thanks

Can we really predict what Crapple will do?? bwahahahhahah are you kidding me?? I can show you EXACTLY what the iMaxiPad 3 will look like!!

And here is a picture of all the toolbags standing in line to get one

Last edited by iKillYou; 01-06-2012 at 03:50 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would Apple release the iPad 3 after the holiday shopping season and then release iPad 4 six months later just before the next holiday shopping season? Who would buy the iPad 3?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

Complete HOGWASH!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    Can we really predict what Crapple will do?? bwahahahhahah are you kidding me?? I can show you EXACTLY what the iMaxiPad 3 will look like!!

And here is my prediction of what user "iKillYou" looks like :

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bold iPad 3 AND iPad 4 Rumor for 2012 Sparks Doubt-images14.jpeg  
    Last edited by OnTheGoRepairs; 01-06-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks

oh lol i see you right there with the red shirt in the front of the line! nice pic man, hpw long was you standing there?

/sarcasm.....
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Banned
    Thanks

hahaha awww I hurt the poor fanboys feel bads. Hell even got one of you to make new account just to post! All bullsh.it aside though, it eats you guys up inside knowing that my post = true story

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hahaha awww I hurt the poor fanboys feel bads. Hell even got one of you to make new account just to post! All bullsh.it aside though, it eats you guys up inside knowing that my post = true story
    You got me, you hurt my feel bads.

Posted from a phone that's better than yours.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheGoRepairs View Post
    You got me, you hurt my feel bads.

Posted from a phone that's better than yours.
    lmao WTF?? Is that all you could come up with is "my phone is better than your phone"?? LMAO yeah well my dad can beat up your dad and my mom can out dress your mom!

BTW I see your phone is so unreliable that you even had to go start a "on the go repairs" company just to get by. Sounds like an awesome piece of hardware

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Considering how all the rumours sites were saying we would be getting a iPhone 5 and all we ended up with was a slightly upgraded 4S, I'm going to take all these iPad rumours with an ocean of salt
    so please explain to me what "slightly" updraded is? You mean the twice as fast processor? or the 2x better camera? maybe its just the 7x better graphic rendering?? not to mention a better antenna, that supports faster data??? yeah your right that is only slightly upgraded, i mean i would have rather them change the design and kept everything the same as the iphone 4, thats what i call upgraded.... SMH