+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 3 to Follow iPhone 4S's Footsteps: No Redesign, Just Better Hardware?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I don't think I'll ever get an iPad since my iPhone is enough for me, but having a retina display on a screen that size would definitely look great! I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't think I'll ever get an iPad since my iPhone is enough for me, but having a retina display on a screen that size would definitely look great!

I also think that everyone is still a little disappointed about the iPhone not getting a redesign, so if the iPad 3 doesn't get one, I think most iPad 2 users will stick with their iPad 2.
    Last edited by babyydaveyy; 01-05-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GooseG View Post
    Flash player is going extinct anyway. Soon the web will be html5 and thise android tablets will have nothing to brag about.
    Jobs been saying this for a couple years now, around the time when iPhone came out.
    How many years is that?
    Are we even close to replacing flash just in U.S. with HTML5?
    I see Androids can brag about it for a long time actually.

Unfortunately I bought my iPad 1, and girlfriend gave me iPad 2 for Xmas...
    Can't return and exchange for Android device because it is a gift from girlfriend or I would have the minute I received it.
    Last edited by unison999; 01-05-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks

£299 would be a good price for iPad 2!!! Don't use cameras that much and iPad screens are good already

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hktvb2001 View Post
    No flash player no ipad for me.
    My iphone is enoughz
    In that case you'll never have an iPad ever! lol

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    how bout a basic FM tuner?
    +1.

A built-in radio standard app that doesn't require wifi/data would be great.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am not too crazy about Flash since the Adobe Flash team is already dismantled. Retina display was rumored for iPad 2, so I don't expect anything less. I still used my iPad 1G since I had an iPhone 4 so that I can do Facetime already. There is no real reason to get iPad 2G and the lens quality is inferior to the iPhone. Jailbreak would be a huge question mark for the next generation. Guess we just have to wait for the announcement to really know what's new and what's not. Rumor is good but what a disappointment last year 4S not 5???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJob View Post
    if i can sell my old device for the same price as the new one, 1-2 weeks before it comes out...(like every gen iphone and ipad 1 i had) then yes...i will buy this new one...
    there are a lot of stupid people out there..
    You win the integrity award.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    £299 would be a good price for iPad 2!!! Don't use cameras that much and iPad screens are good already
    I agree. The thought of a discounted ipad 2 appeals more to me then a full priced iPad 2S. I think apple is getting too comfortable playing the "S" card that it is gonna end up making apple lose a lot of generational upgraders. They are better off just letting the iPad 2 roll on at it's current market set then to undersell themselves with a mediocre S upgrade with discounted pricing on their prior model. Especially if A5 gets the holy 5.01 gem everyone is waiting for. Then SIRI won't be much of a selling point for them any longer.

Cramming in a bajillion pixels looks good on paper but can't see much use for it in practicality when the iPads screen estate is so well used as it is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

The writers here at ModMyI really need to stop changing up their stories every few days. It wasn't long ago that they said the iPad would be thicker, then even more thinner, and now it's staying the same.

It is starting to get annoying.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    The writers here at ModMyI really need to stop changing up their stories every few days. It wasn't long ago that they said the iPad would be thicker, then even more thinner, and now it's staying the same.

It is starting to get annoying.
    Lol are you serious? Blame the writers for the fact that new rumors are released daily?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    I agree. The thought of a discounted ipad 2 appeals more to me then a full priced iPad 2S. I think apple is getting too comfortable playing the "S" card that it is gonna end up making apple lose a lot of generational upgraders. They are better off just letting the iPad 2 roll on at it's current market set then to undersell themselves with a mediocre S upgrade with discounted pricing on their prior model. Especially if A5 gets the holy 5.01 gem everyone is waiting for. Then SIRI won't be much of a selling point for them any longer.

Cramming in a bajillion pixels looks good on paper but can't see much use for it in practicality when the iPads screen estate is so well used as it is.
    Im happy with my ipad 1 have 2 of them. 64gb 3g and a 32 wi-fi. The camera and facetime I have no use for. EXCEPT maybe for scanning a document. I do that quite frequently with my iphone and then send it to my ipad for editing.

I would buy a couple of the ipad 2 if the price dropped to $299!!! No interest in the 2S(3) unless it wowed me in some other way. I have a Nook color and a Touchpad I only use the ipad. I love the OS on the touchpad but There are little to no useful apps for me. I need a PDF editor, sign and send, comic reader, good BOOK reader, ut it does one thing the ipad cannot... Flash! With my ipad a remote desktop into my server and then run the Flash medical website I need. I hope they move to html 5 so I can stop with the RDP!!! The touchpad does it directly, only reason I use it...

Quote Originally Posted by babyydaveyy View Post
    I don't think I'll ever get an iPad since my iPhone is enough for me, but having a retina display on a screen that size would definitely look great!

I also think that everyone is still a little disappointed about the iPhone not getting a redesign, so if the iPad 3 doesn't get one, I think most iPad 2 users will stick with their iPad 2.
    WELL not "everyone" the iphone 4S is the best selling iphone of all!!
    Last edited by Dranon; 01-05-2012 at 06:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I want FaceTime HD, Retina Display, A6(quad core?), 8MP Back Camera as good as iPhone 4S, and Siri.

Thanks

I still believe that the iPad 2 alone should get Siri and show the true power of the A5, why when somebody buys a 32gb iPad 2 for 730 they don't get siri? But the 4S who are paying nearly the same without contract, but with contract only $300. Siri for iPad 2 and no 2S.

Thanks
    When you have a brainwashed fanbase - mediocrity is acceptable.

That's not to say they don't make great products but they are no longer innovative.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

testing post

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justibackwardsn View Post
    Guess you won't be getting any tablets that are released in the future, huh?

I don't see how flash is so important. I've never missed it. Even if I went to a website that requires it there are usually some kind of workaround to getting the content I want.

wont be getting any tablets that are released in the future? there are already tablets that support Flash, at least a dozen of them. Its not a matter of it being important, its what HE wants. you've never missed it but maybe HE does. as for a "workaround" its seems to me that iOS requires way too many workarounds. people have to jail break their devices to get such basic and simple functions that other OSes can do out of the box.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Heck, now 9to5 is saying iPad4 to arrive in October...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer23 View Post
    When you have a brainwashed fanbase - mediocrity is acceptable.

That's not to say they don't make great products but they are no longer innovative.
    So true! Apple know's that million's will buy anything they release regardless of quality and innovation. Since the original iphone came out the only real innovative upgrade has been the retina display. Every other so called 'new feature" has been idea's Apple got from jailbroken iphone's. Until people stop buying everything Apple release's the lack of real innovation will continue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cnnn View Post
    I want FaceTime HD, Retina Display, A6(quad core?), 8MP Back Camera as good as iPhone 4S, and Siri.
    i think u might have nailed it....

really i think this ipad is gonna have retina display, A6 , better cameras and siri. this is what i see...and maybe camera flash.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12