Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Believed to Have Lost 1 to 2 Million Holiday iPad Sales to Kindle Fire

Arrow ...
    Quote Originally Posted by hingeinc View Post
    Apple is lowering the price of the iPad 2 in February to $249.99 for the 16gb.
    Also will announce the iPad 3.
    I work at apple genius bar and we got the memo last week.
    *cough* troll *cough*
    Last edited by landon418; 01-04-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: wrong person ;p

hey ... dont get me wrong. I like android stuff, too. I was on android smartphone for two years before best buy finally exchanged it out even for an iphone. ... the three tablets i tried before ending up with an ipad were the htc flyer, samsung galaxy and a kindle fire. the fire was nice, but limited. battery life ultimately turned me away. ... you can poke fun all you want but the numbers don't lie. far more ipads in use than any other tablet device. apple has a decade head start on the technology and development.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I love competition, but this isn't competition for the iPad. THis is just targeting a demographic that wants to sped a LOT less on a tablet than what an iPad costs. I still don't see the appeal of any tablet, personally, for those that already have a smartphone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

mmaboi21 (01-07-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I love competition, but this isn't competition for the iPad. THis is just targeting a demographic that wants to sped a LOT less on a tablet than what an iPad costs. I still don't see the appeal of any tablet, personally, for those that already have a smartphone.
    Sorry but i have to disagree.
    Simply because if one chooses the Fire over the iPad, apple loses a sale. That is competition because the customer is debating between the tablets. Pros and cons is what it comes down to, the fire being very fairly priced is a huge pro. Regardless if you weigh both ends of the tablets, the ipad wins hands down.
    I do see them targeting a specific crowd but it still competes with the ipad if that makes sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123