+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Believed to Have Lost 1 to 2 Million Holiday iPad Sales to Kindle Fire

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I buy mostly Apple products except for work which in my field (medical equipment sales is still all windows). With that being said I got my wife the Kindle Fire
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I buy mostly Apple products except for work which in my field (medical equipment sales is still all windows). With that being said I got my wife the Kindle Fire for Christmas. I expected it to be 40% the experience of the iPad since that was the price difference for my iPad. I have to say the Fire is far better then that. I actually played with it for a few days and loved it. It was pretty snappy loading Apps and the Amazon cloud works fine. Uploaded iTunes music to it very easily. For all the big deal Apple is making about the cloud the Amazon cloud worked flawlessly for me.

Not gonna get rid of my Apple products any time soon. But what you have to ask yourself is are you getting 2 to 3 times a better experience for the price you are paying. And for some this will be the camera and FaceTime and a few other features that I just don't use.

Anyway this will make Apple step it up on the iPad 3 or even the IOS 5.XX version of software. Quite honestly if the iPad had never crossed my path, I would not be unhappy with the Fire.
    Last edited by 1shuttle1; 01-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Apple will never lower price, why should they? The iPad still blows every other tablet out of the water.
    The Asus Transformer Prime says Hi

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post
    Mercedes doesn't lower their price to compete with Kia. It's a better product which offers a lot more. It should be higher priced. That being said a giant 7.5 inch iPod Touch would be all then need to extinguish the Kindle Fire
    I have driven a Mercedes and honestly, it was one of the worst cars that I have ever driven. Honestly, I have seen the Kindle Fire and it really is a compelling alternative to the iPad. It can do everything the iPad can, except maybe bluetooth and it doesn't have a camera, but who needs a camera in a tablet anyway?

The price point is decent on the Fire, but honestly if anyone can break the $100 mark, they will become the dominate tablet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    The Asus Transformer Prime says Hi
    ...and the iPad 2 sales say BYE!!

Let me know when the prime sales even put a small ding on the iPad 2 sales.
    Last edited by Norb; 01-03-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    ...and the iPad 2 sales say BYE!!
    For how long? Also, the Prime was released when, last month? Not only is it competing with Apple but all the other Android tablets out there as well. <----- Happy Feet -_-

Thanks

For how long? Also, the Prime was released when, last month? Not only is it competing with Apple but all the other Android tablets out there as well. <----- Happy Feet -_-
    **** the Fire had great success and it's competing against all other android tablet as well as iOS. The Prime is going to be a nitch market and no mass appeal. Either way you are comparing Prime vs iPad 2 that has been on the market for a while and the iPad 3 around the corner...
    Last edited by Norb; 01-03-2012 at 03:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone who believes the kindle fire is remotely in the same class as an ipad 1 or 2 is completely clueless to the tablet market. you get what you pay for generally speaking in this market. the fire has problems and you can quickly and easily find all the complaints. That said, it is a good device for the price. comparing the two to driving different cars isn't right either. a fire is like driving a new chevy. and ipad is like flying a leer jet

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Kindle Fire seems like a pretty good tablet. I would get one but you can't jailbreak it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Kindle Fire seems like a pretty good tablet. I would get one but you can't jailbreak it
    It can be rooted

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i believe the fire is rootable as well. it is operating on an older android version.

Thanks

Again with the ipad3 talk who cares? All we will get is an updated screen & some more Ram <-- hopefully, it will probably be iPad 2S, it's all in the software for apple.

I'm glad the fire is doing well as this means only good things for us consumers & anyone saying otherwise needs to get out of Apples *** pronto, monopolisation is a terrible thing.

Apple could get away with charging 400+ for an iPad back when they first came out, but now that competition is getting better both in software & hardware, Apple will have no choice but to lower it's price or offer something substantially better, so that the non tech savvy people can go oh if I pay the extra few hundred I get this & that, instead of what it is now just a brand name & bragging wrights.
    Last edited by rocky5; 01-03-2012 at 06:32 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i've tried three android tablets. believe me i tried to hold off getting an ipad because of cost. there is no comparison. ipad is in a class of its own. it just works. it is fast. powerful. unreal battery life (fire battery is poor at best). fire is a toy that is buggy with hardware issues. ipad? no bugs and plenty of spunk. maybe it is me because i expect my tablet to do a lot. ipad does it all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toddp0530 View Post
    i've tried three android tablets. believe me i tried to hold off getting an ipad because of cost. there is no comparison. ipad is in a class of its own. it just works. it is fast. powerful. unreal battery life (fire battery is poor at best). fire is a toy that is buggy with hardware issues. ipad? no bugs and plenty of spunk. maybe it is me because i expect my tablet to do a lot. ipad does it all.
    i coodnt hav said better BRAVO MY FRIEND....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    Good, maybe Apple will consider lowering their price to compete with other tablets
    *chuckle* has apple ever lowered its prices because of competition? no. so don't hold your breath.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

My holiday kindle.

The hardware is fantastic and the custom built OS looks and feels nothing like android, which people who aren't talking out of their *** already know. Amazon did a great job on the OS and it's very solid, sturdy tablet. Feels very high quality.
    Last edited by one1; 01-03-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks

i've tried three apple tablets. believe me i tried to hold off getting an Android tablet because of cost. there is no comparison. Android tablet is in a class of its own. it just works. it is fast. powerful. unreal battery life (ipad battery is poor at best). ipad is a toy that is buggy with hardware issues. android? no bugs and plenty of spunk. maybe it is me because i expect my tablet to do a lot. android does it all...... I can be a fanboy also Care to name the 3 tablets? Besides, a tablet can only do so much let alone an ipad, so im certain the ipad can't do everything a pc/mac can do

Thanks

Since you don't have a Fire-your comments on it are meaningless this is about sales-not whose is better The battery life is amazing, it works fast, cloud works better than Apples and the aftermarket is gigantic. You should go buy one now and see why millions of owners are happy.

Sure glad I got one. No need for an oversized and overpriced iPhone. Already own one of those.

Next time find an owner instead of googling for poor reviews.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hingeinc View Post
    Apple is lowering the price of the iPad 2 in February to $249.99 for the 16gb.
    Also will announce the iPad 3.
    I work at apple genius bar and we got the memo last week.
    Buddy have you been in modmyi for a while ??

Did you saw a post about apple employes??

go back around 50 posts

Thanks

Besides, a tablet can only do so much let alone an ipad, so im certain the ipad can't do everything a pc/mac can do
    Have you tried Splashtop Streamer for iPad? It's a remote desktop app for the iPad. Works very well. Heck, you can even access your desktop PC even if you're not at home by using 3G. So in a way, you can do everything a PC can do.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

You Apple fanboys make me sick. So blinded by garbage and no points to back them up. Get your facts right and your information correct before you talk nonsense. Apple is selling because of its name plain and simple yea they have great products and I've owned everyone but I'm open to others as well. We all know each year Apple barely makes a slight improvement in upgrading a new product with lag times with other products that have more speed/ram then theirs. It's all about marketing and how you present your product and it's working for Apple. They could make a drawing of an iPad 3 on a pice of paper and it would still sell, why because it's Apple and they have a lot of sheep to follow.