+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Slashing iPad 2 Orders

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
In what comes as another major morsel of evidence to suggest the looming arrival of the iPad 3, Apple is believed to have begun dramatically slowing iPad 2 production. According
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Reportedly Slashing iPad 2 Orders

In what comes as another major morsel of evidence to suggest the looming arrival of the iPad 3, Apple is believed to have begun dramatically slowing iPad 2 production.

According to sources speaking in confidence with DigiTimes on Thursday, Apple's current plans for the iPad 2 supposedly call for the second-generation tablet to be reduced in price (after the iPad 3 arrives) as a means to better compete in the entry-level tablet PC market.

Although speculation lingers with regard to Apple possibly shuttering iPad 2 production altogether, the general consensus among far east parts suppliers and industry analysts is that the iPad 2 will be Apple's weapon of choice to keep the market share of Amazon's Kindle Fire as low as possible.

As for whether the drops in orders could mean that Apple is actually planning to phase out iPad 2, the sources noted it is still too early to tell, and more observations need to be done in 2012 before the picture becomes clearer.
    "Sources from Apple's supply chain," DigiTimes reports, "have pointed out that Apple's orders for iPad 2 are dropping gradually, while orders for the new devices remain steady."

Rumors aside, it doesn't appear likely that Apple would cease production of a product that hasn't lost much steam among consumers.

Source: DigiTimes

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If the iPad 3's only new features are Siri and a HD display, I'll be pretty bummed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    If the iPad 3's only new features are Siri and a HD display, I'll be pretty bummed.
    +1

Thanks

I have a feeling it's going to be an iPad 2S, "The iPad 2 you all love, now with Siri"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not only would it be a bummer if one of the only improvements in the iPad 3 were Siri, but more than likely by the time the iPad 3 comes out, Siri will be easily available through a jailbreak to the iPad 2. So it'd sound more like "the iPad you all know and love, but now with a legitimate Siri addition.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

It's still unrealistic to expect the A5 to be able to handle the processing of a retina display at the size of the iPad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus498 View Post
    I have a feeling it's going to be an iPad 2S, "The iPad 2 you all love, now with Siri"
    Except the 4s is about a 1000 times better than the 4. It may look the same but I would never have converted from android for the iPhone 4. The 4s for me is the best phone I have ever owned, and I have owned a few

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    It's still unrealistic to expect the A5 to be able to handle the processing of a retina display at the size of the iPad.
    Why not?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I don't know if it could or could not but apple may have their A6 or whatever the next processor is in the next iPad. The iPad 2 was the first to have an A5.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally think that apple should create a smaller iPad (about 7inch) makes the iDevice easier to use, I find my iPad abit too big for liking, also bring some sort of flash light on the back camera (like the iPhone 4/s). Just a retina display won't get me upgrading this time round unfortunately.

Thanks

When I'm gonna have an iPad ???
    I still don't see what use I can give it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    The only use I can think of an iPad is to replace a laptop device totally. It's the new middle ground between a phone and a home pc well it will be for me anyway

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    im sure if you had one you would have plenty use for it