+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Study Shows iPad Customer Satisfaction Extremely High, Unwilling to Share iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Study Shows iPad Customer Satisfaction Extremely High, Unwilling to Share iPad

A new study from the Software Usability Research Laboratory (SURL) shows that nearly 84% of iPad customers claim they are satisfied with their device.

SURL had respondents reply to a number of questions including user-friendliness, what they liked best about the iPad, what they use the device for, and what other devices they use. An interesting testament to the popularity of Amazon’s Kindle: 23% of respondents said they owned or use a Kindle in addition to their iPad.

Respondents were overwhelmingly satisfied with the user-friendliness of the iPad with 62% of respondents rating the iPad's usability as “excellent”, 10% said “Best Imaginable”, 21% said “good”, 4% said fair, and only 2% found the iPad user-friendliness to be “awful.”

Respondents said they use their iPads at work 52% of the time, with only 13% claiming to use it exclusively at work. While at work most respondents used the iPad as a reference tool most, with fewer using it to create or edit documents. However, information comparing their use of laptops, or traditional computers with iPad use in terms of work use was not obtained.

Still, based on percentage of daily activities people used their iPad to browse the web the most(60%), play games (30%), check email (70%), and use social networking sites (56%). People apparently do not like to create music (85% never have) or create documents for school (82% never have) with their iPad. Also, most people don’t share their iPad (58%), proving that we iOS owners are greedy, selfish, and paranoid.

Also, most people have between 1 and 40 apps installed with 33% having at least 21 apps installed. However, most people only use between 1 and 10 apps regularly with 40% using a minimum of six regularly. The number of abandoned free fart apps rarely used on iPads and iDevices is larger than I imagined.

Bottom line, people enjoy using their iPads and own lots of apps they never use.

Source: SURL [via TUAW]
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 12-26-2011 at 10:47 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if Apple added in profiles then people would share more, right now there is no way to lock apps or have your own crap without the chance of others getting assess to personal information.

Thanks

Some of these topics are a waste of time feels like modmyi is scraping the barrel to find news related to apple

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

I use my ipad for browsing and replying on this website.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I use my iPad for everything! I couldn't live without it lol

"Always remember your special and unique!"

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

I just ordered my wife one should be in this week

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    Some of these topics are a waste of time feels like modmyi is scraping the barrel to find news related to apple
    Modmyi is Apple related app ofc its about apple products and news section is about Apple news ..

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone pissed in his wheaties or just posting to troll. Lol I'm waiting for the new iPad to get one, but my family uses there's for the kids to watch videos or learning tool.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    if Apple added in profiles then people would share more, right now there is no way to lock apps or have your own crap without the chance of others getting assess to personal information.
    That's why We jabreak we can install such tweaks like locktopus to lock apps from peeps u dont want in them like Mail,photos and iMessage... Or u can use sbsettings to hide icons or put them on your dock. Photoalbums + to make your own organized camera roll(s) and you can password protect them too. I do share my iPad bu its just usually to let family members and friends to play with it, but I have personal things on my Idevices (as most people to). It's my right to protect that. Damn my iPhone 4S needs a jailbreak . I miss my tweaks.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 12-26-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    There is a jailbreak app that allows you to lock individual apps. I think it's called Loctopus or something like that. I will say that and being able to have more than one email signature are my two biggest IOS annoyances. I can't wait for the jailbreak

Thanks

Sorry way off subject but I have a problem! So I installed the tweak barrel and decided I did not want it and uninstalled it through cydia, it is no longer in packages in cydia but still on my iPhone and works!! Any ideas?? Yes I did Respring and that didn't work I also rebooted. iPhone 4 with the latest redsnow JB on 5.0.1. Please help!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1dakotaman View Post
    I just ordered my wife... one should be in this week
    One wife ....or one iPad??

Thanks

Lol
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

why dont you go create a website and put up interesting topics that you can talk about.. to yourself.. no one will ever see your website.. gtfo trolling ****

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wouldn't be sharing my precious either

Thanks

And a lot more people would be satisfied (or even increase sales) if it allowed ... Flash!!! I want flash!!! (okok dreaming... I know)

Damn, even the Samsung Galaxy SII supports it fine... A friend showed me his SII streaming in flash...don't tell me that these dual-core A5 chips can't support it?

It takes away bettery life? So? Leave the decision to use it to the customer! Let the iPad really become "the magical device" for browsing the web as Steve Jobs called it!!!

Ok, that was my minute of dreaming awake... Back to reality now...and to my iPad not displaying flash content...

:-(
    Last edited by blueaviator; 12-26-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

So there are more bastards than friendly people that own iPads.

I was glad to see an article pop up. I ran out of stuff to read. Pointless are not, I'm just glad some news popped up today. Thanks Modmyi! Glad I can go back to my normal bathroom read.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Exactly what Rocky said. It's not just my iPad that I don't like to share. It's my phones as well. And I'm not just worried about people snooping around my stuff either. I use Google Voice, so I get text notifications on all my devices. Not cool when you're texting someone and the person using your iPad can read half the conversation without even trying to be nosy.

Thanks

Agree.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide