+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Now Suing Samsung Over Galaxy Tab Covers

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
The TIRFOLD cover is not apples at all, its been around long before apple came up with the idea, yet another idea apple *Stole* from other companies. Apple is just
    Green Apple
    Thanks

The TIRFOLD cover is not apples at all, its been around long before apple came up with the idea, yet another idea apple *Stole* from other companies. Apple is just to ******* scared and worried that they are failing, yes they are failing they haven't come up with anything new they are selling you the same old **** over and over again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    The TIRFOLD cover is not apples at all, its been around long before apple came up with the idea, yet another idea apple *Stole* from other companies. Apple is just to ******* scared and worried that they are failing, yes they are failing they haven't come up with anything new they are selling you the same old **** over and over again.
    Proof Please.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Yes it is. It is called "tit for tat." Pretty much what this boils down to is Apple and Samsung had a non verbal agreement. One of the two companies decided to break that non verbal agreement and thus the other began a legal war, which equates to "tit for tat." This is actually a text book scenario between the two companies. Why MMI feels the need to keep reporting these issues are beyond me.
    ^^ This is what is called logic, sound reasoning and fact. Everything else in here is nonsensical BS from fans.

If you think Apple is "failing" you're an idiot
    If you think that Samsung's Galaxy phone sucks you're entitled to your opinion but, you're an idiot. May not be your preference, but it certainly doesn't suck.
    If you think these are the only 2 companies that do this, you're wrong.

Conclusion, why do you care what phone someone else uses? Why do you care who sues who and what the motives are? Fact is that these products are available and if they are worth owning, have one and stop crying about what everyone else has.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    Proof Please.
    Apple nicked the idea from Incase, I have had this case since I bought my iPad, before the iPad 2 came about.

Here's the Apple store selling it.

Incase Convertible Magazine Jacket for iPad - Apple Store (UK)
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

Banned
    Thanks

[QUOTE=khaf;6339719]I just had a thought Apple if you are worried about little Samsung's tiny market share in the tablet space stop giving them free press. I didn't check the Galaxy Tab out until all of these court battles started. I thought if they want to sue over broad patents the Tab must be good so I checked it out and now own one.

Its nice that you own a Tab 10.1 as do I., but I have to ask you. why did it take lawsuits and publicity for you to even look at an Android tablet? I have never purchased a phone or tablet, Apple or Android without doing mega-research on the product, reading reviews and finally hands-on. I had already rejected the iPad 2 and all other Android Tablets and didn't buy until I had a chance to see the tab 10.1

My decision was based on my own due diligence, not waiting somebody else to make up my mind for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Wow. Everyone copies Apple. I want Apple not to make anything new for 5 years and see what Samsuck can do on their own.
    Samsung made their first tablet in 2006, 4 years before the iPad (many other companies years before that) Smart Phones have been around since the 90's. "App" Stores have been around since the 90's. mobile media players have been around since the 90's

Everything apple does, was already done by their current competition as recently as 5yrs ago and as far back as 15yrs.

So what if apple didn't make anything for 5yrs, these companies will continue to do what they've always done.

Its really annoying, and kinda sad that there are still people like yourself that think that none of these things were around until apple made them and then suddenly everybody jumped on the apple bandwagon.

You probably think that way because of your age, you yourself was probably born in the 90's so your ignorance is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    +1

apple stole the iPhone name from Netgear/Linksys they stole the idea for look of their iDevices from a company called Braun. they stole the idea of an app store from Handango and Microsoft, EVERYBODY made a smart phone before them, LG is the company behind the capacitive touchscreen phone and their Prada phone hit the streets before they iPhone also the Samsung F700 was on the street before the iPhone.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 12-21-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks
    All Apple has ever done is borrow ideas from other companies. Period.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    lol Samsung just doesn't give a f***

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rock7437 View Post
    I think I speak for most people in the group when I say this. WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? Speak proper English and stop trying to use punctuation to hide the fact that you clearly flunked English. Apparently you flunked comprehension as well, clearly the case is a knock off of the smart cover. Unfortunately your head is so far up Samsung's *** you can't see that (nor speak proper English).
    No need to be an *** and insult the guy. Not all of us can have a PhD in English like you professor genius.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Well put post. It's funny how a lot of people say every one steals from apple yet don't know or don't care that apple has "stolen" a lot of their ideas. Oh well, fanbois will be fanbois.

Wow. Everyone copies Apple. I want Apple not to make anything new for 5 years and see what Samsuck can do on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericwall View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    How so? This is a complete case with a back and foldable front cover.... how is this anyhting like the smart cover less the foldable front (that was available BEFORE smart cover was made. So you care to back up the BS you spewed or are you going to go with what you wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by xLastWishx View Post
    Are you blind? That's a BLATANT RIP. You're obviously a Fandroid.
    As said above, please show your proof to back up your claim of a "blatant rip". Seems to me YOU are the one that is blind as you can't tell the difference between a complete case and a simple cover for the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by HereToTrollolol View Post
    Well would you be mad if you made something and then someone made something exactly like it, then sold it for themselves?
    I would be if that was the case here but the two look nothing like one another. One is a case the other is a cover. put them side by side and if you can't figure out which is which you're a tard.
    Last edited by rkswat; 12-22-2011 at 07:27 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPad's smart cover which is produced/sold by Apple, the cases in the picture were not even produced by Samsung. I also wonder what specific patents Apple has for phone cases? Does it even has any phone cases in a first place or are they just patent trolling as usual?

We should expect that for the next lawsuit Apple will produce iPad-style smart covers for Galaxy Tab and then sue Samsung for them!
    Rating: 17 Positives / 3 Negatives

Regards
    Valeria

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unlike iPad's smart cover which is produced/sold by Apple, the cases in the picture were not even produced by Samsung. I also wonder what specific patents Apple has for phone cases? Does it even has any phone cases in a first place or are they just patent trolling as usual?

We should expect that for the next lawsuit Apple will produce iPad-style smart covers for Galaxy Tab and then sue Samsung for them!

Regards
    Taylor Keeran

_______
    iPad 2 Cases
    Last edited by TaylorKeeran; 12-29-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

For those of you whining about Samsung ripping off Apple......they didn't. Looks to me more like they ripped off InCase considering they had the Convertible Magazine Jacket on sale BEFORE Apple created the "Smart Cover" and started selling it for the iPad.

Wanna piss and moan about "this" company ripping off "that" company......Apple is just as guilty as anyone else. Reality check!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wink Lllloooolllll
    I would like to see samsung stop making anything for 5 years and see what apple does. considering samsung makes everything and practically OWNS all of their products

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12