+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kindle Fire Appears to Best iPad in Rate of User Adoption

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Kindle Fire Appears to Best iPad in Rate of User Adoption

Amazon's Kindle Fire is, unquestionably, a huge success for Amazon. Although specific numbers haven't yet been revealed, the online retail giant has admittedly sold millions of the tablets in recent weeks. And purchases appear to be escalating as we enter the final week of holiday shopping for 2011.

Millennial Media's November Mobile Mix report shows that ad impressions on the Kindle Fire grew at an average daily rate of 19%. “The Kindle Fire’s impression growth on our platform has slightly outpaced that of the iPad when the iPad launched in early 2010,” the report reads. “Though the Kindle Fire has been introduced into a more mature tablet market than the market which greeted the original iPad, the integration of Amazon’s robust digital entertainment library and the $199 price point may also have helped drive this early use by consumers.”

Millennial Media says it’s seeing a monthly run rate of hundreds of millions of impressions. All told, its an accelerated pace of user adoption that wasn't observed when the first generation iPad first dropped to unprecedented media hype and consumer interest.

On the bright side for Apple, however, the iPhone did remain the top individual phone on Millennial Media’s platform, and grew 8 percent month-over-month in November. iOS grew 7 percent month-over-month in Millennial’s breakdown of the smartphone and connected device OS share. In terms of mobile operating systems, Android retained its lead on the ad network with 50 percent of all impressions. And, interestingly enough, RIM's share also grew in November, popping up to 17 percent from 13 percent in October.

Source: Millennial Media

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    "Kindle Fire Appears to Best iPad in Rate of User Adoption"? Do you mean "beat"?

This quality of information on this site is rapidly declining. Read your articles before you post them. MMI Admin, why do you hire these people? lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Newgy View Post
    "Kindle Fire Appears to Best iPad in Rate of User Adoption"? Do you mean "beat"?

This quality of information on this site is rapidly declining. Read your articles before you post them. MMI Admin, why do you hire these people? lol
    Agreed. I had to read the title a few times to make sure I wasn't the only crazy one.

Thanks

'Best' makes sense too...

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    Agreed. I had to read the title a few times to make sure I wasn't the only crazy one.
    Your not the only Crazy one😊
    I Like Eletronics

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

To 'best' is to better something. It makes perfect sense.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Michael isn't wrong. It's not common usage, but "best" can be used as a verb.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You two are apparently ignorant. "Best" doesn't only fit when referring to "Who's the best". By "beating" someone, it can also be said that you "bested" the competition. So this really isn't wrong. It's a classy way of writing. Good job Michael. It's not your fault you have ignorant readers.

Thanks

Seems your high school needs to teach you more grammar and verb usage. You've made yourself sound stupid now. Also the person whom agreed with you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

$200 bucks for a tablet!!! Of coarse it's competing well against iPad!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure he meant what he said. Why don't you go to dictionary.com and look up the word best used as a verb and see if you still think the same thing. If you want to post rude comments at least know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by MaStA819; 12-20-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I best my bro big time in Modern Warfare 3 last night.

Thanks

Lets wait and see what the returns rates are before we get over excited lol remember samsungs first tablet sold well but highest returns rate

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    “Though the Kindle Fire has been introduced into a more mature tablet market than the market which greeted the original iPad,
    Yeah and so was the iPad 2 and so will the iPad 3 and so on. But somehow I don't think you'll bring that point up when THEIR sales figures are released.

Thanks

At first I thought the title said "Kindle Fire Appears to BE the Best iPad", i.e. calling the Fire an iPad instead of a tablet. But then I read it again and saw the actual meaning and that the wording is actually correct.

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

Congratulations! You've been awarded the official dumb arse reward of the day!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Michael is a Guido!

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Just bought my wife a fire about 4 mins ago lol.

What are you like 10?

To quote one of my favorite movies.... "Uncultured Swine"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hopefully this will lit a fire under apple's butt and make them lower their ipad 2 prices. I would love to see a $250 ipad 2 16gb.

Default your dumb
    lol someone can't speak english! maybe you should grab a dictionary before you slam someones use of four letter vocab words. then think about going back to school because i believe you have been bested.

verb [ with obj. ] informal
    outwit or get the better of (someone): she refused to allow herself to be bested.

lol someone can't speak english! maybe you should grab a dictionary before you slam someones use of four letter vocab words. then think about going back to school because i believe you have been bested.

verb [ with obj. ] informal
    outwit or get the better of (someone): she refused to allow herself to be bested.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-20-2011 at 02:00 PM.