+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kindle Fire Appears to Best iPad in Rate of User Adoption

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 At first I thought the title said "Kindle Fire Appears to BE the Best iPad", i.e. calling the Fire an iPad instead of a tablet. But
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    At first I thought the title said "Kindle Fire Appears to BE the Best iPad", i.e. calling the Fire an iPad instead of a tablet. But then I read it again and saw the actual meaning and that the wording is actually correct.
    I read it the exact same way!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

This is one of the tell-tale signs that the tablet industry is no longer in an early adopter state. Products will be growing toward their market potential in significantly less time. Consumer awareness, increased demand, and the marketing/consumer anticipation effect are some of the other driving forces in the industry's lifecycle shift.

It is likely that the Google tablet - the next widely anticipated tablet release - will, provided it fulfills consumer expectations, likely outpace all previous tablet growth rates, reaching it's maximum market potential in less time than many investors may expect.

It is important to note that this lifecycle shift, while affecting growth times, will not likely have a significant impact on the true potential these companies have to capture market share. This simply means that Google and Amazon are reaching their target market share faster.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Newgy View Post
    "Kindle Fire Appears to Best iPad in Rate of User Adoption"? Do you mean "beat"?

This quality of information on this site is rapidly declining. Read your articles before you post them. MMI Admin, why do you hire these people? lol
    I read it. And the title is good. I'm sorry for you all that have limited experience with the world and the way other country's structure our language. But "best" in this context was correct.

Thanks

I thought the kindle was just an e-reader?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megaorange View Post
    I thought the kindle was just an e-reader?
    I believe most of them are but the fire is a whole new device. At 199 I'd buy one over an iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got a Kindle Fire the day they were released. I would have preferred an ipad, i just couldn't justify the purchase owning an iphone 4S. $200 for a Kindle Fire is hard to pass on when you see the sticker shock of the ipad.

Hopefully this will put the pressure on Apple to drop the ipad pricing, almost everyone i know that owns a Kindle Fire would have chosen an ipad had the pricing not been more then double the Kindle Fire.

Green Apple
    Thanks

best means "surpass"..but i guess you need to understand english. MMI Admin, why do you let these people post? lol
    If they were to "beat" apple, wouldn't that mean they were first? It's not a race.

Thanks

I haven't really checked out the fires but at that price and the reviews/feedback it's gotten, I'd say it's a win-win

It really doesn't help pointing out others so-called mistakes. Just leads to distraction of the original topic.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I love how the majority of posts are discussion the use of a single word in the title and not the actual news itself. Classic MMI news thread...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    hopefully this will lit a fire under apple's butt and make them lower their ipad 2 prices. I would love to see a $250 ipad 2 16gb.
    Same here. People would riot in the streets if this happened.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    hopefully this will lit a fire under apple's butt and make them lower their ipad 2 prices. I would love to see a $250 ipad 2 16gb.
    I don't think it's possible for iPad 2 $250. We already learned from iPad 1, right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    no, there will be no $250 iPad 2. NEVAAAAAR!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    best means "surpass"..but i guess you need to understand english. MMI Admin, why do you let these people post? lol
    If they were to "beat" apple, wouldn't that mean they were first? It's not a race.
    because we can count on a handful of well read users to best the more ignorant masses.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12