+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to Begin Production of a 7 inch iPad in the Second Quarter of 2012

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Rumored to Begin Production of a 7 inch iPad in the Second Quarter of 2012

The folks over at Digitimes are reporting that Apple will begin the production of a 7.85’’ iPad in the second quarter of 2012. It is said that the smaller iPads will go on sale prior to the fourth quarter of 2012 alongside another iPad, which is due out in the first quarter (presumably the iPad 3).

The news comes in from their sources in the supply chain. It is being said that the Apple was persuaded to manufacture the 7.85’’ tablet to compete with the Amazon Kindle Fire and the launch of large-size smartphones from various handset vendors. This does seem to make some sense as many users have complained that the size of the current iPads are a bit too large and uncomfortable when on the go, especially when compared to various 7 inch offerings which just fit the hand better.

Digitimes continued to report by saying that LG Display and AU Optronics are said to be the manufacturers for the 7.85-inch panels for the new device. As you probably already know, this isn’t exactly the first time rumors of a smaller iPad are afloat. What makes this a bit more skeptical is the fact that Digitimes has been known to have a spotty record when it comes to credibility regarding information like this. Still, we can continue to hope that what is being said is true.

How do you feel about the possibility of a smaller iPad? Would you purchase one if it was to be released? Let us know what you think below!

Source: Digitimes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

I MIGHT buy it
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nope. Won't happen .

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

May give it a try.

Thanks

I don't think this will happen

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

stop trying to revive old rumors

i would buy it if it was $300 (canada)

Thanks

When the same rumors are going around every year it's pretty safe to assume they'll never happen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Thanks

Believe it when see it.

The 7 inch browsing experience is no different than iPhone in that if you don't pinch and zoom in you will mis tap a lot. More importantly how could Apple produce a quality product and keep anywhere near their margins.

Banned
    Thanks

I cant belive how you guys dont think there will be a 7" iPad ! of course they will be and why wouldnt apple want a 7" tablet? I would bet money that a 7" iPad would outsell the 9.7" iPad hands down.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    I cant belive how you guys dont think there will be a 7" iPad ! of course they will be and why wouldnt apple want a 7" tablet? I would bet money that a 7" iPad would outsell the 9.7" iPad hands down.
    They push this idea every year and it never happens

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would definitely buy one if it's cheaper and has all the updated specs. RETINA, maybe AMOLED, front facing and rear facing camera, 64gig for $300? I'd totally buy that. I haven't bought an ipad yet because i can't validate me spending all that money to goof around on and browse the web at home when i have a 5 year old PC that does all that and i take everywhere. So a little $300 one can supplement my time away from my dinosaur PC and let the kids play with.

Thanks

It makes perfect sense and I would buy one. Apple needs to cover all angles if they want to continue gaining ground on the world market.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    When the same rumors are going around every year it's pretty safe to assume they'll never happen.
    Now that Steve Jobs is gone you'd never know......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    I would definitely buy one if it's cheaper and has all the updated specs. RETINA, maybe AMOLED, front facing and rear facing camera, 64gig for $300? I'd totally buy that. I haven't bought an ipad yet because i can't validate me spending all that money to goof around on and browse the web at home when i have a 5 year old PC that does all that and i take everywhere. So a little $300 one can supplement my time away from my dinosaur PC and let the kids play with.
    ya right like apple would sell a 64gb 7" ipad for 300, the 64gb touch is still 399$
    and if your buying it just to "goof" around on i dont think any apple product is worth buying just to goof around on

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

My opinion on this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JHH09 View Post
    ya right like apple would sell a 64gb 7" ipad for 300, the 64gb touch is still 399$
    and if your buying it just to "goof" around on i dont think any apple product is worth buying just to goof around on
    I don't need an iphone, i can use any other generic flip phone to just make calls and texts, but i like to play games and burn time with my iphone so i have one. Just because you think a certain way doesn't mean everyone else does.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    I don't need an iphone, i can use any other generic flip phone to just make calls and texts, but i like to play games and burn time with my iphone so i have one. Just because you think a certain way doesn't mean everyone else does.
    No but Apple has already thought this out there's no way there going to bring this out especially since this article pops up EVERY 6 months or so

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Will never happen. Why? For only one reason; Digitimes reported that it will. They have no insider info! They just pull randomness out of their backside. NOTHING THEY CLAIM HAS EVER COME TRUE!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Too big..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Too big..
    That's not what she said