+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Netflix iOS App Re-Done In Version 2.0

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Netflix iOS App Re-Done In Version 2.0

Are you a mobile movie watcher?

Netflix is a great thing to have if you love watching movies. Netflix supports all kinds of platforms ranging from iOS, Roku, Playstation, Wii, xBox, and more. It's a cheap solution at only $7.99 per month to watch unlimited videos each month. Tablet users enjoy using Netflix because it's a large screen that can be taken almost anywhere and we're happy to tell you that Netflix for the iPad has been completely revamped for stability and optimization. You can see the changes in the picture above.

As you can see from the image, the interface is less cluttered, offers more visible material at a quick look and additionally looks nicer. iOS applications are supposed to look nice; it's what the whole operating system is based on. That being said, this GUI (graphical user interface) update is more than welcome to the iOS realm.

Latin America gains Netflix support with this update which falls in line in the holiday season. Latin America isn't the only area getting new Apple stuff Canada and Brazil just recently received the full-featured Apple TV. It's more than likely a business strategy that it has been released at this point in time, but it's surely a necessary update that iPad users have been waiting for after seeing the updated Netflix interface on Android tablets.

Aside from some stability and hidden internal improvements to make it zippier and more stable, you will find that the new Netflix application simply feels more native and enjoyable to use. It uses less memory as well as opens and loads faster than the previous version. The app remains free however there is a monthly fee for using netflix as stated above. Version 2.0 is an update for all iOS devices however the changes can be most noted on the iPad's larger screen.

You can download the updated Netflix application for iPad from the App Store from this link. Additionally, the iPod touch and iPhone version can be downloaded from this link.

Sources: Engadget

Thanks
    The app is universal now.

Also, at least here in Brazil, the iPhone connection is quite unstable.

Thanks

Dude, this is tits. Version 1.0 was good, as in, it worked. 2.0, however, really shines. It doesn't even crash on my tweaked out iPad1, which says a lot since the first version crashed 50% of the time. Me = Happy camper.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's about time. The Netflix app was always a bit slow. Too bad I canceled my membership.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I dropped my subscription during the debacle. I'd get streaming if they had every movie. Does this app improve searching capablity? The old one was LAME in that regard.

Thanks

omg can't believe their own app STILL doesn't allow queue management. Absolutely ridiculous.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will probably be subscribing to Netflix now. Great job!