Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Source: iPad 3 with Retina Display Coming in 60 Days

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Source: iPad 3 with Retina Display Coming in 60 Days

We may be approximately two months away from the introduction of Apple's iPad 3, which will bring with it the arrival of retina display to the popular Apple tablet.

This is according to the latest report from prominent Citi analyst Richard Gardner. Pointing to "several sources," Gardner says the next iPad will debut in February and deliver a screen with twice the current resolution of the iPad 2.

In a research note to investors, Gardner says "there do not appear to be any significant technical hurdles remaining" to inhibit the iPad 3 launch in late winter. It remains to be seen, however, if consumers will have to wait until March before the iPad 3 is shipped. A March roll out would put the iPad 3 exactly one year removed from the iPad 2's debut.

For the December quarter, Gardner believes Apple will have sold approximately 13 million iPads. That's a whole lot of buyers who, presumably, won't be happy about owning the "old model" only weeks after they purchased it.

Source: Business Insider

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Better display?

Need more then just sharper colors to cough up $600.
    Nothing in life is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz187s View Post
    Better display?

Need more then just sharper colors to cough up $600.
    i'm sure it will not only feature a newer display, also include a 56k modem

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

You will get Suri, I am sure.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It's not rocket science here. iPad 1 and 2 released 1 year apart as well. These type of stories crack me up. Good job "analyst" lol

Thanks

I would love retina display.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

It SHOULD have retina display, Siri, both cameras to be better, possibly a tad faster, sleeker edges maybe thats just for starters, it needs to feel new not just a bit better........

Quote Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post
    Best. Feature. Ever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

wtf? I heard floppy drive...

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

1st gen iPads better come down in price! People on Craigslist are ridiculous!

Default Well those are not guarantees
    Quote Originally Posted by smuj29 View Post
    It SHOULD have retina display, Siri, both cameras to be better, possibly a tad faster, sleeker edges maybe thats just for starters, it needs to feel new not just a bit better........
    You have to think Apple. They always want differences between hardware. iPhone 4S has Siri (beta). Why would they add it to iPad 3 while it is still in beta? Also they would have to update the app to work on a new retina display for the iPad 3 again while the software is still in beta? Nope I would take a stab that it would be on the iPad 4 more likely.

This is all speculation anyway but I see a retina display on the iPad 3 to be enough of a difference to sell the hardware from older iPad models. I would guess the hardware design will remain untouched for the next generation as they seem to be keeping the same body design for at least two years on iPhone models since the 3G came out. Remember they pretty much own the market right now. They don't need to do a lot to keep business flowing as the tablet market has few competitors at this stage. Tablets are getting better but we are probably a year away from anyone making a real iPad total package competitor.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Sounds a lot like the article "iPad 2 with Retina Display Coming Soon". I wonder if they're the same source? Why do we need Business Insider to tell us Apple is thinking about Increasing the resolution? That should just be assumed.

Disclaimer: I'm knocking these "sources", not MMi or its writers.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 12-08-2011 at 02:01 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    You have to think Apple. They always want differences between hardware. iPhone 4S has Siri (beta). Why would they add it to iPad 3 while it is still in beta? Also they would have to update the app to work on a new retina display for the iPad 3 again while the software is still in beta? Nope I would take a stab that it would be on the iPad 4 more likely.

This is all speculation anyway but I see a retina display on the iPad 3 to be enough of a difference to sell the hardware from older iPad models. I would guess the hardware design will remain untouched for the next generation as they seem to be keeping the same body design for at least two years on iPhone models since the 3G came out. Remember they pretty much own the market right now. They don't need to do a lot to keep business flowing as the tablet market has few competitors at this stage. Tablets are getting better but we are probably a year away from anyone making a real iPad total package competitor.
    Thats a fair one, makes sense when you lay it out, sounds like them, new generation iPad and all they add is a retina display its almost a display of there power in the device market, cameras need a game changer, ive seen better on a calculator.

it better be a quad core processor.
    more RAM, removable battery, jailbreakable, and most of all
    it gotta be 4G service. not the 3G.

Thats a fair one, makes sense when you lay it out, sounds like them, new generation iPad and all they add is a retina display its almost a display of there power in the device market, cameras need a game changer, ive seen better on a calculator.
    Is Siri still going to be in beta in sixty days?

Thanks

and have a glass backing like iphone 4 so when you drop it it will shatter into pieces

I'll admit...I'm an apple fan boy. But this made my day

Apple should wait until september. I'm sure it would help their sales (as if they need it) to push it out before Christmas. Plus all those who just purchased one wouldn't be upset. And to put one out in March and then again in September would piss off even more people. Once they get one out in September then get back on the every year track. Just my two cents...

Default Oh word.......

Sign me up, I'll take 2

If iPad3 have stereo speakers is good to buy...

Skimming all these comments reminds me of the Samsung commercials.
    (other than the modem and floppy drive comments.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast