+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Couch Commerce" Becoming Popular Due to iPads and iPhones

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default "Couch Commerce" Becoming Popular Due to iPads and iPhones

Compuware APM has shown an intriguing graph that shows a new trend in shopping this holiday season. It’s a little something researchers are calling “couch commerce” at its finest. Shopping via the web has obviously increased lately and according to the data, a large number of the shopping is from the iPhone and an even larger percentage from the iPad. Web users have been avoiding the crowded and noisy retail experience for quite some time over the past few years to shop online during the holiday season. With the release of the iPad, the experience has been moving from the computer over to the couch.

Just to clarify, it isn’t just in the form of apps either; online shoppers have spent over $18 billion already this holiday season on actual items (a rise of 15% from the year before). Furthermore, over the shopping done over the Black Friday weekend last month, the iPhone and iPad accounted for 10.2% of all the traffic.

It is pretty interesting to see the statistics. I was able to snag a few deals myself online but I didn’t use my iOS devices to do so. What about you? Share any experiences and thoughts below!

Source: Compuware APM, CNN

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I did both, online and in store. I'll do most of my shopping in store, because I'm an hands on type of person. I'd prefer to play with the device before I make the decision to purchase it rather than ordering online an then going through the process of returning it if I'm not satisfied
    Last edited by Bigmaxx2000; 12-06-2011 at 06:36 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I do most, if not all my online shopping on my iPhone and iPad. I don't remember the last time I used a computer to do that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

So here is my two cents: Mirroring (Not Streaming) to my AppleTV for the iPhone 4S and iPad2 make browsing on the cough the most enjoyable experience at it's finest. The fact that this is limited to these two devices drives me nuts because I would love to use it on my iPhone 4. I'm surprised someone has not taken the code from either of those devices and posted it as a Tweak for other devices.

Personally, I'm more interested in that than Siri.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I do most of my shopping online, for one simple reason, I get the deals that you couldn't even get on Black Friday. I use sites like Slickdeals, Woot, etc. to find out about them.

I also use deal sites like 1saleaday. dailydeals, etc. to buy stuff on the cheap.

Yes, this means sometimes being open to getting a different brand or waiting for a little while, but when I can get the exact same product at 80%-95% off regular prices (sometimes even for free), why wouldn't I be willing to wait a little bit?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Couch Commerce? Oh great, another trend to make Americans even fatter!

Banned
    Thanks

The fact that this is limited to these two devices drives me nuts because I would love to use it on my iPhone 4.