Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPad App Brings a Patient's Family Into The Operating Room

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default New iPad App Brings a Patient's Family Into The Operating Room

A new mobile-health focused iPad app pioneered at an Israeli hospital is gaining critical praise for taking mobile technology to the next level in the realm of patient care.

The new iPad app is seen as a major advancement for how certain patient procedures can be tracked and monitors by doctors, medical staff, and the patient's own family. The app, which was developed at the Invasive Cardiology Institute by Professor Ran Kornowski of Rabin Medical Center, takes all the real-time information collected during a medical procedure and sends it directly to the iPad.

"Developed in conjunction with the Mckesson Company this application allows the doctor the opportunity to sit with his patient and their family, and explain the catheterization procedure in a very simple visual matter, with clear cut high resolution imaging," a press release touting the advancement reads.

Those behind the app say these latest advancements don't even begin to represent the full scope of the mHealth revolution taking place in contemporary medicine.

“This is only a small stone in the age of new medical technologies where now instead of just explaining the catheterization procedure to the patient and his family through words we can now use the iPad to show them visually, in a very clear and professional manner the entire medical procedure," says Prof. Kornowski. "It is a completely different and very exciting experience which truly allows for the doctor and patient to meet at eye level, while also completely protecting the privacy of the patients. It is also a very high level professional way to discuss the catheterization with other cardiologists on line around the world. I believe that this application will pave the road for the initiation of many other imaging applications which can be downloaded on to the iPad, opening up a new wave of useful advantageous medical technologies, beneficial to both the patient and the physician, allowing for much wider worldwide cooperation.”

Source: MobiHealthNews

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey that's cool especially if the person is in a restricted virus area

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

But, what if the iPad is a bomb? lol jk
    Although the doctor should wash his hands after touching that bacteria smudged screen

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    But, what if the iPad is a bomb? lol jk
    Although the doctor should wash his hands after touching that bacteria smudged screen
    Okay seriously, what the hell do you mean when you say "sexyparrot"???
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

I can see them using the ipad to explain procedures but the ipad will never be used to send medical records from ipads of doctors to ipads of nurses or even to chart medical information. I already had it out with the tech people at the hospital where i worked about it, they said no hospital in america will use ipads because of the information apple takes from each one, and will violate HIPPA. But i can see how it can be useful to use to explain procedures. That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    ehm, it's a smiley you tard.
    Can't your computer display it?!

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    ehm, it's a smiley you tard.
    Can't your computer display it?!
    No you Tard, I'm using the Modmyi app on my iPhone 4. -__-
    Fail.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

No you Tard, I'm using the Modmyi app on my iPhone 4. -__-
    Fail.
    I'm tempted to go to the actual site in mobile safari to see the sexy parrot

I knew you were using the mobile app on your iPhone because you can't see it on the app, we need a new version of mmi app !! So we can see the parrots LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DQEight View Post
    I'm tempted to go to the actual site in mobile safari to see the sexy parrot
    Me to lol

the ipad will never be used to send medical records from ipads of doctors to ipads of nurses or even to chart medical information.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pagehere View Post
    the ipad will never be used to send medical records from ipads of doctors to ipads of nurses or even to chart medical information.
    Couldn't they add a password inscription to the app?