+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple’s Request to Block Samsung Smartphone and Tablet Sales in the U.S. Rejected

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple’s Request to Block Samsung Smartphone and Tablet Sales in the U.S. Rejected

As both Apple and Samsung continue to duke out their legal battles in other countries, a U.S. judge recently rejected Apple’s request to block Samsung smartphone and tablet sales in the U.S. according to a report from Reuters. The ruling was decided upon on Friday afternoon in a California court, which brought an end to this part of the case.

The legal proceedings began in April after Apple claimed Samsung was misusing their patents for three of its smartphones and the Galaxy Tab 10.1. The judge ruled the following:

It is not clear that an injunction on Samsung’s accused devices would prevent Apple from being irreparably harmed.
    Apple has been pressing courts all around the world to put injunctions on Samsung’s apparent infringing products. On November 30th, an Australian judge lifted the preliminary injunction on the Galaxy Tab 10.1, which was originally granted earlier in the year. Samsung had the following to say in a statement regarding the matter:

Samsung welcomes today’s ruling denying Apple’s request for a preliminary injunction. This ruling confirms our long-held view that Apple’s arguments lack merit. In particular, the court has recognized that Samsung has raised substantial questions about the validity of certain Apple design patents. We are confident that we can demonstrate the distinctiveness of Samsung’s mobile devices when the case goes to trial next year. We will continue to assert our intellectual property rights and defend against Apple’s claims to ensure our continued ability to provide innovative mobile products to consumers.
    I don’t think this is the end of the war on the U.S. front as Apple will likely file more lawsuits over more patent infringements. The competition between the two tech giants has grown increasingly over time as Samsung brings the battle outside of the courts as well with advertisement campaigns. As with any situation where money is at stake, it is likely that issues will continue to arise while others elevate as time passes by.

Source: Reuters

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Some people just have way!! to much money in their hands. I think instead of them filing for more and more and more lawsuits they should donate that money to the people who are starving to death. I love Apple but this is just to much.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toytbo88 View Post
    Some people just have way!! to much money in their hands. I think instead of them filing for more and more and more lawsuits they should donate that money to the people who are starving to death. I love Apple but this is just to much.
    It's very easy to say this. Do you spend money on lucuries? You are on this site, so I bet you do. Why don't you spend all that money you spend on frivolities on the starving children?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Samsung need to come up with their own ideas.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Instead of spending money reinventing someone else's inventions, they waste it away with lawsuits. Glad Apple lost.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Funniest post in a long time.

All companies copy other company's tech.... You think apple came up with all these things ALL on their own? If you do I have a nice bridge to sell you.... going for a great price. LMK when you can come check it out.

With your logic we could say apple needs to come up with their own ideas for improving iOS and stop stealing them from the jailbreak community.
    Last edited by rkswat; 12-03-2011 at 09:30 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Was just a matter of time before the fanboy had a say in this.... Seriously, get off that Apple bubble your in and face reality. Apple needs to come up with their own ideas, see i can be a fanboy also <_< Besides, once the Transformer Prime comes out, the Galaxy Tab might not catch the attention of potential costumers when they can have one of the best if not The best tablet currently out in the market.
    Last edited by Painkiller006; 12-03-2011 at 06:59 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone redwolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple need to come up with their own name.
    ModMy

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Apple just want things Hook or by Crook. If they feel threaten by the competition then deal with them by winning customers of their products rather than pulling them down by legal battles. Evil Apple.

Banned
    Thanks

I hope lawmakers get involved in these patent disputes and put an end to them. they're really ridiculous. competition is what benefits us the consumers, monopolies will hurt all of us.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    It's very easy to say this. Do you spend money on lucuries? You are on this site, so I bet you do. Why don't you spend all that money you spend on frivolities on the starving children?
    What is lucuries?
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lol you people are crazy. Apple
    & Samsung are smart *** companies. Think about it before you both insult either one of them.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple should win the customer battle NOT legal battle.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent929 View Post
    What is lucuries?
    I assume he meant luxuries.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Will every TV maker sue apple when they introduce a TV? I bet it looks nearly the same as a 1000 other sets??

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent929 View Post
    What is lucuries?
    Luxuries. Typo...

Quote Originally Posted by rlowride View Post
    Will every TV maker sue apple when they introduce a TV? I bet it looks nearly the same as a 1000 other sets??
    Based on the way lawsuites regarding Apple are flying around, probably.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol this is an Apple forum, more and more Apple haters are creeping onto this site. Samsung rip off other companies, even their D8000 TV's are ripped of Phillips Ambient light TV's. Their Galaxy line is ripped of the iOS lineup. Also their products are cheaply made anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol this is an Apple forum, more and more Apple haters are creeping onto this site. Samsung rip off other companies, even their D8000 TV's are ripped of Phillips Ambient light TV's. Their Galaxy line is ripped of the iOS lineup. Also their products are cheaply made anyway.
    Are you looking for some type of attention or something?
    Every posts you made were in red color and in bold which make what you said less meaningful.

iPhone? More like MyPhone redwolf's Avatar
    Thanks

i think someone mentioned above that all companies rip of others to make it better. better in terms of quality(expensive) or money (cheap).

its like Microsoft and Sony ripped of Nintendo. you dont see Nintendo goes mental with lawsuits!?
    Nintendo approach customers differently. As another member mentioned; you win customers not lawsuits
    ModMy

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Judge is prob using Samsung Galaxy S 4G !