+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Buy Sells out of iPad 2s Online, In Store Supplies Scarce

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Buy Sells out of iPad 2s Online, In Store Supplies Scarce

Black Friday came and went and with it millions of consumers traded their dignitiy for a $2 waffle maker.
    However, more consumers tried to save their dignity when buying an iPad 2 by pilfering all of Best Buy's iPad 2 stock allocated for online purchases.

Best Buy’s $45 discount on the iPad 2 apparently spurred an iPad purchasing frenzy both in store and online. Electronista called a handful of local Best Buys and found most Best Buys in the Austin, Texas reported extremely depleted or sold out iPad 2 stock. We conducted a similar survey of Best Buy stores across Southwest, Central, and Eastern Michigan and found about 25% of Best Buys sold out of iPad 2s, most frequently the black 32GB model. The White 16GB iPad 2 appeared to be the least popular with most stores having at least one in stock. However, stores in higher traffic areas struggled to supply customers with enough iPad 2s to last through the weekend.

However, the number of stores with sold out Android tablets? None. The Kindle Fire, Galaxy Tab, Asus Transformer, and Motorola Xoom were all available online and available for in-store pickup as 11 p.m. tonight. Analysts claiming demand for the iPad 2 would subside and give way to other Android tablet offerings might be eating their words come Apples 4th quarter earnings call.

This obviously isn’t an official or incredibly scientific test, but the quick sample and response from Best Buy employees paint a weekend filled with iPad 2 hungry consumers.

Source: Electronista, iDownloadBlog

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you want to compare online black Friday sales, you compare to them with online sales. BlackBerry tablet was on sale for $200 on eBay, they were sold out. Not sure about the other tablets sold online, thought about buying the Asus Tramsformer but I don't need a tablet.

BTW there were plenty of iPad2 on sale from Apple, they were not sold out. It was about the same price.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The Dell Streak wifi version sold out online as well. I was actually hoping to pick one up. So it wasn't just the iPad selling out.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPad sold out because its the best tablet out on the market!

Thanks

I dk why people think 50 off a 500 item is such a huge discount...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    If you want to compare online black Friday sales, you compare to them with online sales. BlackBerry tablet was on sale for $200 on eBay, they were sold out. Not sure about the other tablets sold online, thought about buying the Asus Tramsformer but I don't need a tablet.

BTW there were plenty of iPad2 on sale from Apple, they were not sold out. It was about the same price.
    You honestly think their sales even came close to the iPads?