+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 3 Codename Found In iOS 5 Code

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default iPad 3 Codename Found In iOS 5 Code

The source of many supplier rumors for Apple’s upcoming products, Digitimes recently stated that the iPad 3 was being worked on. Everyone has been a bit skeptical about the rumors but the folks over at 9to5Mac have found a new codename finding in the latest iOS 5 beta to confirm the rumors have been true.

The “J2” model listed in the code corresponds with a recent report in which Digitimes discusses two prototype models regarding Apple next generation iPad. According to the report which we previously wrote about, Apple currently gave two tablet PC projects codenamed J1 and J2 to its upstream partners for development. Sources revealed that the major differences in the new tablets were size, specifications, and technologies being used.

Furthermore, it is being said that the tablets will have a higher resolution and Apple has demanded that the design of light to be changed from a single LED light bar to two LED light bars (one on the left and one on the right). Since the method of adopting two LED light bars has created difficulty in shrinking the machine’s thickness, some vendors are presenting designs that seem to adopt one light bar, but are packing two LED chips into one package as an alternative.

Mark Gurman of 9to5Mac mentioned the following with his source code findings:
    The report said Apple is yet to choose between the J1 and J2 model, but it seems like the J2 is actually just the 3G model (the J2 reference was found alongside other CDMA iOS devices) and it is possible that there is a J1, but that has not been found in the iOS 5 code. The J2 iPad 3 being found in iOS 5 code means the device is actually in testing right now against an iOS 5 software release. In fact, the J2 codename has been floating around since the initial betas of iOS 5.0. In addition – as you can see in the screenshot above – there is an unknown T39 device also in testing. I’m not sure what the T39 is but it likely is a device that can connect to cellular networks
    With a hint of accuracy towards some of the rumors flying around regarding the iPad 3, some pieces of what to expect for the iPad 3 are finally becoming clear. What are your thoughts on the iPad 3 and its current speculation?

Source: 9to5Mac

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

I speculate that it will be announced in January and be released around the 27th that way ppl who got the iPad2 for Christmas can't return it for the newer iPad3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    I speculate that it will be announced in January and be released around the 27th that way ppl who got the iPad2 for Christmas can't return it for the newer iPad3
    hahah that would be evil! i think that backlash over that kind of action might be pretty big (unless the new products are in a different price tier), i can't imagine any announcement before march.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

It's good this was found. I wasn't sure there would be an iPad 3. Now we know! /sarcasm

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Actually logically they won't announce it till February cause u still have 15/30 days to return it once that time has passed then announce it

iPhone? More like MyPhone spider_romeo's Avatar
    Thanks

We'll so happy if iPad 3 can be cheaper than kindle fire.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

J2 & T39 = iOS 5 compatible "4G" devices with LTE!!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spider_romeo View Post
    We'll so happy if iPad 3 can be cheaper than kindle fire.....
    Not gonna happen. If it does, I'll eat my hair.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Not gonna happen. If it does, I'll eat my hair.
    Hair pie?
    I have an iPad1 and I have been holding out for an iPad3. I would love to know a projected release date. I'm guessing March or April.