+ Reply
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Holiday Demand Dubs iPad As Primary Tablet

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
According to a new survey conducted by ChangeWave Research, tablets are going to be high in-demand this holiday season in the United States and are tablet sales are expected to
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,770
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 118 Times in 104 Posts

    Default Holiday Demand Dubs iPad As Primary Tablet


    According to a new survey conducted by ChangeWave Research, tablets are going to be high in-demand this holiday season in the United States and are tablet sales are expected to rise 130%. When looking closely at the tablets, Apple’s iPad leads the demand for the soon-to-be purchased tablets for the season.



    The survey which polled 3,043 consumers on consumer tablet demand for the holidays comes back with the consensus that many people are interested in buying a tablet. A total of 14% of respondents planned on buying a tablet in the next 90 days, which is an 8% increase over the August ChangeWave survey, and over triple the level of demand from a year ago. The biggest difference between last year and this year is the number of tablets that are available to consumers. Shoppers now have a wider range of tablets to choose from with different specs, designs, and experiences offered by many. Amazon’s recently introduced Kindle Fire is an example of one of these new tablets and turns out, they are also in high demand (following suit behind the iPad in demand). ChangeWave mentioned the following regarding the Kindle Fire and how its demand may come in handy for Apple:

    The Amazon Kindle Fire is going to leapfrog the competition and become the number two product in the tablet market, as long as it can provide a quality user experience. But the Amazon surge may also contain a silver lining for Apple, by damaging the tablet market hopes of the remaining competitors in the field.


    Based on the survey results, a whopping 65% of consumers plan on buying an iPad. Furthermore, apparently people who buy iPads are more satisfied with their purchase with a total of 74% of all iPad owners being Very Satisfied compared to 49% for all other tablet manufacturers combined. The demand for other tablets drops sharply as Amazon’s Kindle Fire is next on the wish list with a 22% demand and Samsung’s Galaxy Tab has a mere 4% of consumers interested.



    The survey results follow closely with IDC’s iPad estimates of 68% of the tablet market share. It was more recently projected that Apple will take over HP’s status and become the #1 PC maker globally with the help of the iPad 3 release, despite not everyone agreeing to count an iPad as a computer. No other manufacturer in the survey garnered more than one percent of future tablet demand, which is quite astonishing when you think about it. Amazon’s attempt at aiming to compete with Apple in the tablet market seems to be hurting many Android tablet makers as well by not only fragmenting the Android platform but also driving down the sales of other Android tablets. ChangeWave mentioned that the Amazon tablet is “wreaking a devastating blow to a range of second tier tablet manufacturers, including Motorola, RIM, Dell, HTC, Hewlett-Packard and Toshiba.” The introduction of the Kindle Fire may very well begin to knock many companies out of the tablet market at this rate.

    How do you feel about Amazon’s Kindle Fire? Are you looking to buy a tablet for yourself or someone you know? If so, which one do you plan to buy?

    Source: ChangeWave

  2. #2
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    405
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts

    Its all about knowledge of the buyer. If you are not tech savvy and hear someone telling you time and time again that the iPad is perfect and the only tablet that is worth anything, you're going to believe them. Its like back in the days when people would buy a computer with an Intel chip in it only because no one heard of AMD. If a sheep drank from the sewer for 5 years and suddenly was presented with sewer water and fresh water, it will probably drink from the sewer because its all it knows. Apple = the sewer. Its all they know because its plastered all over the TV. Its also easy to identify. iPad vs ASUS Transformer 2...Apple just kept their name dumbed down for the idiots that buy it.

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Its all about knowledge of the buyer. If you are not tech savvy and hear someone telling you time and time again that the iPad is perfect and the only tablet that is worth anything, you're going to believe them. Its like back in the days when people would buy a computer with an Intel chip in it only because no one heard of AMD. If a sheep drank from the sewer for 5 years and suddenly was presented with sewer water and fresh water, it will probably drink from the sewer because its all it knows. Apple = the sewer. Its all they know because its plastered all over the TV. Its also easy to identify. iPad vs ASUS Transformer 2...Apple just kept their name dumbed down for the idiots that buy it.
    Jesus f'en Christ. Go troll somewhere else. The iPad is just fine if it does what you need. Same with the ASUS Transfromer 2. Frankly same with any tablet or any device. If it does what you need then who cares if something technically better even exists. It's completely irrelevant. Beta was technically far superior to VHS. It still lost and the consumers did not suffer. I'm not an Apple fanboy. I couldn't care less who makes the products I use. All I care about is the product does what I need and when I need it. The idiot here is you for thinking your opinion even counts.

    Sent from my iPad so F@&$ you.

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 35 Times in 24 Posts

    Ipad is leader for a reason. While you enjoy your android tablet ten others are happier with their ipad. Period.

  5. #5
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,524
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 999 Times in 563 Posts

    I would think they would want to buy the iPad because they saw someone with it and thought it was a cool thing. Or went to the store and checked it out. I can't agree with this statement that GmAz stated below... sorry GmAz If you are not tech savvy and hear someone telling you time and time again that the iPad is perfect and the only tablet that is worth anything, you're going to believe them.I told my neighbors last year to buy a iPad and she did not. She bought her husband something else and guess what? It has set in a draw every since she bought it for him last Christmas because she didn't want to spend the money on a iPad. Its the worst tablet I have ever seen.... its just awful! She chose not to listen to me and spent a couple of hundred dollars on the tablet she wanted to get to save money and in the long run she waisted her couple of hundred of dollars. Not a good move at all in my book. However if the iPad is the hottest tablet that people buy this year its because it has earned its popularity... on tv, on planes, at airports, in schools, in doctor offices, at libraries, and any where else that people are using it!

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    i would go with the fire R nook? Save $$$...from ipads?

  7. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    iPad is to tablet as Kleenex is to tissues. My fiancé is operations manager at Best Buy. You wouldn't believe how many people ask "which iPad is better" while pointing in the general direction of the tablets section of the store. Either way, great news for Apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    i would go with the fire R nook? Save $$$...from ipads?
    Haven't played with either, but the price is phenomenal. I've been very happy with my $100 Jo touchpad purchase. Runs android fairly stable considering it's only an alpha build.

    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I would think they would want to buy the iPad because they saw someone with it and thought it was a cool thing. Or went to the store and checked it out. I can't agree with this statement that GmAz stated below... sorry GmAz If you are not tech savvy and hear someone telling you time and time again that the iPad is perfect and the only tablet that is worth anything, you're going to believe them.I told my neighbors last year to buy a iPad and she did not. She bought her husband something else and guess what? It has set in a draw every since she bought it for him last Christmas because she didn't want to spend the money on a iPad. Its the worst tablet I have ever seen.... its just awful! She chose not to listen to me and spent a couple of hundred dollars on the tablet she wanted to get to save money and in the long run she waisted her couple of hundred of dollars. Not a good move at all in my book. However if the iPad is the hottest tablet that people buy this year its because it has earned its popularity... on tv, on planes, at airports, in schools, in doctor offices, at libraries, and any where else that people are using it!
    I think it's safe to assume its an android based tablet. Unfortunately there are a lot more crappy android tablets out there than there are good ones. Generally speaking, same goes for phones. We are starting to finally see some competitively priced quality android tablets hit the market though, two of which have been mentioned above.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-21-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Let's face it, apple may have been hogging money from consumers, but they chose to be their victims and happily ever after. Don't like reading a book on kindle?sure, hit the library. Don't like the iPad?its a big tablet market don't come crawling back here and cry like a baby regretting not buying a iPad.

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    It will be interesting to see if Apple actually beats out the competition this holiday season. We rumors of an iPad 3 lurking aorund I don't see many people justifying buying a new tablet. If you are an iPad owner (1st generation) it would be best to wait it out and get the newsest iPad or the iPad 2 when the price drops, either way you're upgrading. If you're new to the tablet market I'm sure you will be more than pissed if you purchase an iPad 2 for Christmas and the 3 roles out in March or so. As an apple junkie, refered to as an idiot by many , I love to have the latest and greatest but I've learned you can not keep up with technology and you're definitely not going to keep up with apple unless you are independently wealthy.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts