+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iShred - A Snowboard With a Built-in iPad Created In Memory of Steve Jobs

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
The folks over at Signal Snowboards have a regular series about snowboards called Every Third Thursday on the Mpora sports website. In this series the hosts take time out of
    Thanks

Default iShred - A Snowboard With a Built-in iPad Created In Memory of Steve Jobs

The folks over at Signal Snowboards have a regular series about snowboards called Every Third Thursday on the Mpora sports website. In this series the hosts take time out of their busy board-making day to create something awesome and unique. This week, they are bringing the heat with a custom iShred snowboard with a built in iPad, all as a tribute to Steve Jobs.

What they did here is they started with the raw materials and cut down some ABS for the top with an iPad hole, then added an aluminum base, created light fixtures, and were ready to go. The whole board was made with CNC machines to making precision cuts all around. Many viewers were left wondering whether the board would survive the slopes but after a few runs, the iShred left many amazed!

Despite being fitted with aluminum, which is an unusual material for a snowboard base, the board continued to perform beyond expectations. It was noted that there was difficulty in turning but the ability to listen to music and even FaceTime from the slopes made up for it. You can check out the board from its concepts to its creation in the video below:

I personally think the iShred would be one of the coolest boards to be toting around. What did you think of it?

Source: Signal Snowboards
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 11-17-2011 at 03:27 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

impractical. i can see the music part.. but they have an ipod for a reason. there tiny and most new jackets have ipod controls built right into the sleeves. reception at most mountains is crap. and forget about leaving it on the board rack and what about summer? just gonna have an ipad sit away for more than half the year? let alone rider control with aluminum and lack of pop in the nose/tail due to the giant screen. 1 rock or bad fall bye bye ipad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    impractical. i can see the music part.. but they have an ipod for a reason. there tiny and most new jackets have ipod controls built right into the sleeves. reception at most mountains is crap. and forget about leaving it on the board rack and what about summer? just gonna have an ipad sit away for more than half the year? let alone rider control with aluminum and lack of pop in the nose/tail due to the giant screen. 1 rock or bad fall bye bye ipad.
    I do not know much about this company, or their every third thursday thing, but i would assume these boards are not for mass production, and are more just cool ideas that they make happen.

Thanks

Lol this should have been labeled as the dumbest thing you can do with an Idevice

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrom View Post
    Lol this should have been labeled as the dumbest thing you can do with an Idevice
    I don't know about that. Some other people ruined an iPad by making it into a skateboard.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

i think its cool if it comes with a free iPad, i would buy it then. lol

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 905 Posts

Good sense of humour needed here...Brilliant...

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Well there can't be a speaker cause snow is water

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrom View Post
    Right with you man! This is sooo stupid!

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

haha way to troll a fun time
    It Takes One To Know One

Green Apple
    Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't snow just frozen water? Hate to see that water melt!

*T*
    Thanks

Exactly my thoughts. I broke my wrist snowboarding, and I can hardly see myself forfeiting control and concentration on a busy mountain.

If this became standard, we would all be crashing into trees or other people on the slopes, hahaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Very little imagination and whimsy on this board huh. Impractical as it may be, its still pretty cool.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Very little imagination and whimsy on this board huh. Impractical as it may be, its still pretty cool.
    True the whole board is white To Plain
    What about a Pic of Steve Jobs on the Bottom or something

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Sorry, not everyone has a spare 500 to dish out at our each and every whim.