+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Square Adds Loyalty Programs for Customers, Cash Drawer Support, and Paper Receipts

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Square Adds Loyalty Programs for Customers, Cash Drawer Support, and Paper Receipts

Square updated their mobile payment application to version 2.2 today, and with it added two huge features giving the Square the ability to replace every small business cash register.

The first feature allows merchants to create opt-in customer loyalty programs. These programs allow merchants to track repeat visitors and offer them incentives. Incentives can be awarded base on the total number of purchases the customer has made within an allotted time period or once they reach a certain dollar amount. The choice is up to the merchant. Customers will be able to see the discounts within the Card Case app.

The other feature’s Square added tie the old to the new. Square added support for wireless cash drawers as well as receipt printers. The cash drawer will open when the merchant taps tender. The new Square app also includes an improved sales history search allowing merchants to search for older transactions and even resend receipts to customers over email.

Square has consistently added features to their mobile payment solution, giving those with storefronts even more flexibility with their customer interactions. With nearly $11 million payments processed each day, Square wont be going away anytime soon. $100 million raised in a recent round of funding will help too.

Source: Square

Green Apple
    Thanks

And where would one get compatible cash drawers and receipt printers?

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asmacumber View Post
    I have the same question. Not that I want to replace my current POS system as it is wired. Maybe someone will make a wireless connector to make wired units capable for wireless like with printers?
    Another question that comes to mind is the security of a wireless cash drawer. Could someone open the drawer with rouge program on a laptop or iDevice?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default https://squareup.com/square/hardware-integration
    Quote Originally Posted by asmacumber View Post
    https://squareup.com/square/hardware-integration

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Rate kinda high, my current POS only charge 1.3%
    I would deffinately get this is the rate is about 2% or lower