+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMi Costume Contest: Can You Top This Brilliant iPad 2 Hole-In-The-Stomach Costume?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I wish I thought of this. I wish I had two iPad 2’s. I wish I had a friend who was generous (dumb) enough to lend me their iPad 2
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default MMi Costume Contest: Can You Top This Brilliant iPad 2 Hole-In-The-Stomach Costume?

I wish I thought of this. I wish I had two iPad 2’s. I wish I had a friend who was generous (dumb) enough to lend me their iPad 2 so I could pull this costume off. But, alas I don’t.

Which is why I commend Mark Rober and his commitment to Halloween. Rober, highlighted in a Gizmodo article, is a Mechanical Engineer for NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the genius behind the iPad 2 hole-in-the-stomach costume. The execution is quite simple. Rober strapped an iPad 2 to his front, and another to his back and cut holes in his shirt. He added some fake blood around the holes, and then started a FaceTime chat between the two iPad 2s. The result is a surprisingly awesome hole-through-the-stomach effect.

The only catch is the party you’re at has to have a Wi-Fi connection with no dead spots. However, Rober’s suggested work around is to simply stick a mobile WiFi hotspot in your pocket and tool around wherever you want, granted your 3G or 4G coverage is good enough.

The next logical step is to mount iPhone 4 or 4Ss all over one’s body to create even more holes. This is of course could backfire as the costumer wearer would have thousands of dollars worth of technology dangling from their body increasing the chance of a mugging a thousand-fold.

Are Any MMi users out there utilizing/ their iDevices or a little Apple inspiration for their Halloween costumes this year? Send us your pics and we’ll put together a post of the best MMi costumes! And who knows, maybe the best costume will win something...

Source: Gizmodo

Thanks

YT clip won't play for me.

though this version does:

And the original (not embeddable)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onemeeel.../0/V6p5mbp_M98
    Last edited by raduga; 10-31-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Idea: good.
    Execution: poor.

Hopefully we will get to a stage of frameless iPads, then if your rich enough you could technically make an invisibility cloak!!!! (not sure how you would see though, or indeed what it would look like from the side)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Idea: good.
    Execution: poor.

Hopefully we will get to a stage of frameless iPads, then if your rich enough you could technically make an invisibility cloak!!!! (not sure how you would see though, or indeed what it would look like from the side)
    He can actually top it off just by writing a big a $ $ 'L' on his forehead with a sharpie!!! Guess who's not getting laid tonight...
    Last edited by frjuan; 10-31-2011 at 01:17 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Any love for me?

MMi Costume Contest: Can You Top This Brilliant iPad 2 Hole-In-The-Stomach Costume?-xnold.jpgMMi Costume Contest: Can You Top This Brilliant iPad 2 Hole-In-The-Stomach Costume?-eiqkj.jpg

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't see any need to mention that this guy was a NASA engineer. It's not exactly like it took any mental prowess to come up with this costume (just a little creativity).