Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Information Regarding Rumored iPad 3 2048x1536 Resolution Display Emerges

Thanks

Default New Information Regarding Rumored iPad 3 2048x1536 Resolution Display Emerges

It was previously mentioned that analysts were saying the iPad 3 was headed into production. Afterward, further rumors emerged regarding a redesigned dock connector. This time, information regarding the iPad 3's display is emerging. Brooke Crothers from CNET has apparently heard information regarding the iPad 3’s alleged 264PPI display. It has previously been mentioned that the next iteration of the iPad will come with a 2048x1536 resolution display (assuming that the display manufacturers, LG and Samsung, can keep up with production). There seems to be some problems building the quantity of displays that Apple is demanding though according to the source.

As of right now, the closest iPad displays the manufacturers can get is 2048x1536 resolution display. This is a PPI of 264, which is twice the PPi found on the iPad 2 (which is currently 132 PPI). “They have production plans for 2048×1536 displays starting as soon as November. But those are only plans at this point,” said the source, referring to LG and Samsung. The challenge lies within being able to enough to meet the demand that Apple is setting, which is largely based on predictions of consumer demand upon release. The number has to be incredibly high considering iPads account for 97.2% of the tablet internet traffic and have recently increased to 80% of the tablet market share in North America.

The source went as far as mentioning that there is an interim option of a 1600x1200 resolution display if the manufacturers are unable to meet Apple’s demand of the higher resolution displays. I personally don’t think that it would be easy for Apple to drop the resolution down to 1600x1200 though. Apps don’t seem to easily scale to this resolution, despite the aspect ratio being the same. If LG and Samsung can’t pump out 2048x1536 displays in large enough quantities chances are that we might be stuck with the same resolution display in the iPad 3 that we had in the iPad 2. As of right now though, it is all speculation as there is no real confirmation as to what Apple might do. (Remember how many people including case manufacturers believed the next iteration iPhone would have a teardrop design before its release)

Apple seems to be trying to make a big leap here by aiming for such a large increment in resolution. If they can pull it off, I bet more people would be inclined to purchase the iPad 3 upon its release (I know I would). The hype is already being built up and the release is several months away - the cycle of iOS device anticipation continues.

Source: CNET

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

its my BIRTHDAY!!!!! i just got home from a cabaret-styled party. im piss drunk. and all i can think aboutr is Siri....i think im in love....

Quote Originally Posted by mallenass View Post
    its my BIRTHDAY!!!!! i just got home from a cabaret-styled party. im piss drunk. and all i can think aboutr is Siri....i think im in love....
    Wait..... You can't cause I am :0

Weirdo..

Did you kiss siri on your way home?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
    Weirdo..
    ^ I agree. Some people just need someone to talk to regardless if it's a computer or not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    Did you kiss siri on your way home?
    I would make love to Siri.
    Nothing in life is easy.

Thanks

Happy birthday, dude! Hope it's a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    ^ I agree. Some people just need someone to talk to regardless if it's a computer or not.
    And some people just need to put someone down regardless if they're if they know them or not.

Happy birthday! to be honest siri's voice sounds like an old bird >.

I'll get an iPad when we see the iPad 4 or 5. Right now the cost and performance do are not at a reasonable level to make it feasible for an average consumer to purchase one.Case in point - 16GB min @ $500 and 64GB max @ $700 is not worth it at the performance level that the iPad 2 has.practical? nope. In the future? Yep.tim

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Happy Birthday

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    I'll get an iPad when we see the iPad 4 or 5. Right now the cost and performance do are not at a reasonable level to make it feasible for an average consumer to purchase one.Case in point - 16GB min @ $500 and 64GB max @ $700 is not worth it at the performance level that the iPad 2 has.practical? nope. In the future? Yep.tim
    At least someone's on the article topic

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Was Siri your DD?? Haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

If they don't up the resolution considerably then I really don't see what other selling points the iPad 3 could possibly have. Siri maybe? No one will upgrade an iPad for a better camera like they would with an iPhone, and the thing is already a beast in the speed department. They're better off taking the time they need to get the display right than they are releasing a barely updated iPad "on time".

mod edit: removed
    Please keep it PG13 and do not insult other members
    Last edited by Simon; 10-27-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pete.heat View Post
    removed
    Okay wow Keep it clean dangit we need a mod in this chat
    Last edited by Simon; 10-27-2011 at 01:36 PM.

removed
    But he does know what your mothers looks like, we all do.
    Back on topic, this will be the only reason to upgrade to the iPad 3.
    Last edited by Simon; 10-27-2011 at 01:37 PM.

removed
    he could always ask siri what a vagina is..lol
    Last edited by Simon; 10-27-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    But he does know what your mothers looks like, we all do.
    Back on topic, this will be the only reason to upgrade to the iPad 3.

your born in 1981 and still using 'your mom' jokes.
    creative man you are.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Siri is a man in the UK.... I think you may have drank too much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast