+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Rumored Details About iPad 3 Emerge

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
With the newest iPhone now reaching consumers, the rumor mill is quickly turning its attention to what will likely be Apple's next big release in the mobile iDevice realm -
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default New Rumored Details About iPad 3 Emerge

With the newest iPhone now reaching consumers, the rumor mill is quickly turning its attention to what will likely be Apple's next big release in the mobile iDevice realm - the iPad 3. According to published reports Friday, Apple is readying the new iPad 3 with a smaller dock connector.

Japanese news site Macotakara reported today (and included images that purportedly show components of the next iPad) that Apple will not release the third-generation iPad before March of 2012. But when the time comes for the new tablet to launch, it will sport a freshly redesigned dock connector. Is this riveting or groundbreaking news? No. But it's among the first credible tidbits of iPad 3 info we've encountered since attention shifted from the iPhone 4S to Apple's next major mobile product refresh.

According to a reliable Asian source in contact with Macotakara, the next-gen iPad will be identical in size to the iPad 2, yet no decision has been made as to whether the device will deliver the beautiful resolution that results from Retina Display. Some believe that the implementation of Retina Display will make the iPad 3 too costly for both Apple and consumers to consider as soon as 2012.

All told, the Macotakara report is probably doing more to discourage buyers from the iPad 3 than attract them to it. Without any evidence (at least for now) that the new iPad will deliver any substantial improvements over the second-generation tablet, the revamped dock connector (which will create compatibility problems with current devices/accessories that use the standard 30-pin connector) is hardly enough to restore the hype we understandably saw ahead of the iPad 2 launch.

Source: Macotakara

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Here we go...

Thanks

Now this is just stupid

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got my iPad 2 in the mail today and literally am typing with it right now, is the iPad 2 an old device???????

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Why do some people act surprised that there will be a new iPad/iPhone? Apple always updates there devices, with a pretty consistent time frame. It shouldn't be a shock that in a year or so (depending on when you buy) there will be a newer model.
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

This is dumb... I don't even think I believe this one. All apples devices use their standard 30 pin.. Why change it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    This is dumb... I don't even think I believe this one. All apples devices use their standard 30 pin.. Why change it?
    I agree why change it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this would be retarded....every idevice runs the same connector, why change it...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    To make money you will obviously have to buy a new dock

What's Jailbreak? Nintendo Fingers's Avatar
    Thanks

If this story is true there maybe a reason why a smaller connector is being used, could be better than what we have now. Besides we're due for the iPhone 5, redesigned iPod and possibly "iPad 3" next year so maybe, just maybe all three devices would utilize the same connector. Complaining about a simple a** connector lol

Idk where I read smaller dock/connector but I still stand behind my comment lol
    Last edited by Nintendo Fingers; 10-21-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Screw syncing....I drag & drop!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    ipad 2s anyone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

It would make more sense to just put a Micro USB port on the device. But if Apple changes the 30-pin connector, there better be a dongle for converting to the older version.

Green Apple
    Thanks

"iPhone 5" = iPhone 4S
    6th generation iPhone = next coming iPhone.
    Sorry, it just really irks me when I see people referring to the next generation iPhone as the "iPhone 5"...it makes absolutely no sense for Apple to name the next gen iPhone the iPhone 5

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Smaller is better in the gadget world. The 30 pin connector is probably the largest connector out on a phone at the moment.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redline11786 View Post
    "iPhone 5" = iPhone 4S
    6th generation iPhone = next coming iPhone.
    Sorry, it just really irks me when I see people referring to the next generation iPhone as the "iPhone 5"...it makes absolutely no sense for Apple to name the next gen iPhone the iPhone 5
    I will bet you 1 million Dollars the next iPhone is called the iPhone 5. There was the iPhone 3G....was this because it was the "3rd Generation" iPhone....? NO! It was the 2nd! It was all about... marketing! It makes since to call it the iPhone 5, because everyone is expecting a iPhone 5...marketing! No WAY Apple skips 5, ABSOLUTELY no way. It really "irks" me when people refer to the "generation" of the iPhone. It's just stupid. Sorry, your wrong.
    El Zurdo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I will bet you 1 million Dollars the next iPhone is called the iPhone 5. There was the iPhone 3G....was this because it was the "3rd Generation" iPhone....? NO! It was the 2nd! It was all about... marketing! It makes since to call it the iPhone 5, because everyone is expecting a iPhone 5...marketing! No WAY Apple skips 5, ABSOLUTELY no way. It really "irks" me when people refer to the "generation" of the iPhone. It's just stupid. Sorry, your wrong.
    Umm... I believe you might be mistaken... Apple likes to keep things SIMPLE... Calling the 6th iPhone the 5th will get people confused..

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syedsufyan View Post
    ipad 2s anyone?
    Here we go again...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also think you are wrong I believe the next iPhone will be named iPhone 5, just like they did with the iPhone 3 people were expecting iPhone 4 next but they got the 3GS, Apple didn't skipped the 4 to 5 a year later the 4 showed up just like the 5 will.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    ...the iPhone 3G was named as such because it operated on 3G...The iPhone 4 was called the iPhone 4 because it was the fourth generation of iPhone. There is absolutely no reason for next year's iPhone to be called the iPhone 5. It will be the iPhone 6, assuming they continue naming them with numbers.
    EDIT: on second thought, maybe they would go with 5. I really don't know. Combining my two thoughts, I will now declare myself indifferent to the matter.
    Just my opinion though. No deal on the million dollar bet.
    Last edited by duval67; 10-22-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks

Perhaps this will allow it to interface with Thunderbolt ports as well as USB.