Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: FaceBook for iPad *RELEASED*

Default FaceBook for iPad *RELEASED*

FaceBook now reports that they have implemented an iPad version of FaceBook into the App Store.

While FaceBook appears to have a page, here, stating that they have released an iPad version of their popular social networking app for iOS, the link, "Get The App" only takes me to an iPhone version of the app. FaceBook may be very close to releasing an iPad-resolution version of our favorite social networking site. It's important to note that FaceBook has posted this page on FaceBook; although, the app is not out yet. The fact that FaceBook's official page says that it's out seems to hint that it might be on it's way out perhaps even today. Keep your eyes peeled.

Recently, the only way to get FaceBook on your iPad was to use a jailbreak hack that enabled the hidden iPad code in the iPad app. FaceBook quickly picked up on what jailbreakers were doing and released a patch which killed the usefulness of this tweak (FaceForward). FaceBook was expected to bring the iPad version of FaceBook out at Apple's, "Let's Talk iPhone" event the day just before Steve Jobs' death. FaceBook never appeared on stage. Could this be their follow-up?

EDIT: FaceBook for iPad appears to have been officially released. It is universal for all devices. As always, it is free. It comes with FULL iPad-resolution support. The wait is finally over.

Share your opinions below!

Sources: FaceBook
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-10-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Updated News

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

Heeedin

Something weird is going on. If you download the iPhone Facebook from the app store it's now the iPad version. And it awesome. By the way I'm using the ipad2

Yup,it's live using it on my iPad 2

PM me if u think my sigs nice

the iPhone version IS the iPad version... i got it working on iPad 2!!

anyone else find it buggy? (random logouts)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Weird, install the iPhone version and it still is the iPhone version but in the AppStore I see an "Update" button that redownloads just the App. Did you do something special in order to update it? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aaorozco View Post
    Weird, install the iPhone version and it still is the iPhone version but in the AppStore I see an "Update" button that redownloads just the App. Did you do something special in order to update it? Thanks
    It would seem that it doesn't always update on the first try (weird I know - no idea). Try uninstalling and re-installing the Facebook application entirely.

Works good

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    It would seem that it doesn't always update on the first try (weird I know - no idea). Try uninstalling and re-installing the Facebook application entirely.
    Thanks... I've done that 3 times now, I'll try restarting before installing again. Also, I am on iOS 5 GM maybe that's why... Has anyone with iOS 5 been able to update?

I really like the new update. Both the iPhone/iPad versions are great

Quote Originally Posted by aaorozco View Post
    Thanks... I've done that 3 times now, I'll try restarting before installing again. Also, I am on iOS 5 GM maybe that's why... Has anyone with iOS 5 been able to update?
    I am also running iOS 5 GM. Installed directly from iTunes and have not had any issues thus far.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am running iOS 5 GM and it works fine. I just went to the app store and updated.

im using now. i clicked on my words with friends (wwf) games list on left column and it sent me to download the free iphone version of wwf. i wonder is it a way to link my ipad version of WWF to the facebook. that is my only complaint, other than that it works great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, after a ton of update tries it worked! I like it, is seems smoother and the iPhone App got a great update too.

What is the fascination with people now a days having to tell others what they are doing at any given moment?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Works good
    yes

The update is stable for me, I am running iOS 5 GM. I'm satisfied with the new look of it.

LOVE IT!! But it crashes easily for me..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Okay, this might just be a complete unluckily situation, but I just updated the facebook app for my iPod touch 4th generation on 4.2.1. Tried to launch it, and my iPod froze for 2 minutes. Then i decided to do a manual restart (the home button+power button) and now my iPod is in recovery mode. wth?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast