+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adobe Unveils Photoshop Touch and Army of Touch Apps for Tablets

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Adobe made more than a few announcements yesterday at their MAX Conference, most notably six new iOS and Android tablet apps. The apps include Adobe Collage, Adobe Debut, Adobe Ideas,
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Adobe Unveils Photoshop Touch and Army of Touch Apps for Tablets

Adobe made more than a few announcements yesterday at their MAX Conference, most notably six new iOS and Android tablet apps.

The apps include Adobe Collage, Adobe Debut, Adobe Ideas, Adobe Kruler, Adobe Proto, and Adobe’s Creative Cloud online service. Oh and they announced Photoshop Touch.

Photoshop Touch far and away is the most powerful touch-based application the company has released. Adobe describes it as a “groundbreaking app that brings the legendary creative and image-editing power of Photoshop to tablet devices for the first time.” I am inclined to agree. The program has all the core Photoshop features you’ve come to love, depend on, and be frustrated with, all optimized for tablet goodness.

The custom-built app takes full advantage of the finger-based tablet interactions. Users can apply effects, utilize layers, and even connect to your favorite brand of social media (only Facebook at this point). Selecting and extracting objects is incredibly easy thanks to the tablet exclusive “scribble tool” which allow users to select what to keep and remove by simply scribbling on it.
    • Adobe Collage is a digital “mood board” allowing users to work on their ideas and concepts by combining inspirational materials (images, drawings, CS5 files). The canvas all this inspirational content sits on grows as needed and is virutally unrestrained. Collage is the creative process realized and stored on a tablet.
    • Adobe Debut is a simple programs that allows tablet users to quickly open Creative Suite files to present to clients and business partners. Others can leave feedback on the designs or creations with a markup pen that allows others to draw directly on top of the work.
    • Adobe Ideas is a simple vector based drawing tool. Simple not in its capabilities, but simple in that it allows artists to start drawing complex works immediately that can be accessed in Illustrator or Photoshop.
    • Adobe Kuler (color?) allows users to create and generate color themes for any design project. Kuler already has an incredibly involved creative community complete with hundreds of thousands of Kuler themes available that can be exported as color swatches for Creative Suite projects.
    • Adobe Proto allows users to create wireframes and prototypes for websites and mobile apps. All of the information and prototypes created are shared with teams and clients using an intuitive touch-based interface. Design concepts, website structure, and interactivity can be easily demonstrated and even exported as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, allowing projects to be viewed in popular browsers for further review.

Sadly, Adobe will be bringing all of these apps to the Android platform first, not a particularly bright move considering Android's anemic tablet market share. Despite Adobe and Apple's animosity toward each other delaying the programs, I imagine iOS users with a penchant for the creative will be anticipating Adobe's latest barrage of tablet programs, especially Photoshop Touch.

Source: Adobe
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 10-04-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Thanks

**** that we want news about iPhone 5!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Calm down

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    Haha in due time. Well actually in about 3 hours time.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Very cool.

Thanks

Anyone have any idea how much photoshop touch will be when released for ios

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Probably in the double-digit range...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was on the app store so fast I didn't even finish reading the post, damn you Adobe, any idea when it will be on the iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Calm down
    I actually fell off my chair laughing.

Thanks

+1

Thanks

Thanks

What iPhone 5!!! Lol

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manickbarry View Post
    What iPhone 5!!! Lol
    I meant the 5th Gen iPhone  LMAO