Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Official Facebook iPad to Debut Next Week Along with iPhone 5

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Report: Official Facebook iPad to Debut Next Week Along with iPhone 5

October 4 will set off no shortage of fireworks in the mobile space. If reports Tuesday prove accurate, not only will Apple's fifth generation iPhone roll out next week, so too will a major development for Facebook users who can't wait for the social networking platform to be optimized for their tablet.

Mashable reveals that Facebook - following many, many delays - will finally launch its official iPad application, not to mention an updated iPhone app on October 4th when Apple introduces the iPhone 5 (or iPhone 4S.) Earlier today, MMi reported that Apple has begun sending out invitations to next Tuesday's media event at the Apple campus in Cupertino.

In addition to the good news that Facebook will finally have an iPad-tailored app, this long-anticipated development speaks to the increasingly cozy relationship between Apple and Facebook - a reality that was difficult to imagine only a short while ago. From Mashable:

The relationship between the two technology giants is warming up, however, thanks to the shared goal of beating Google — and the simple fact that Facebook and Apple may need each other. The former doesn’t have a mobile platform while Apple doesn’t have a social platform. The culmination of this renewed friendship: the launch of Facebook for iPad at Apple’s iPhone 5 media event.
    Many industry analysts believe that the day will soon come when Facebook is natively integrated into iOS, similar to what Apple did with Twitter in iOS 5.

Source: Mashable

Didn't Facebook already give the big "F U" to Apple about being integrated into iOS or vice versa? Also, Facebook is pretty buddy buddy with Microsoft right now, which probably has a lot to do with reasons of why they weren't chosen, but then again I guess Apple and Microsoft have teamed up before to defeat Google.Either way, it would be nice to see native integration of FB in iOS.

Facebook works good for me with faceforward anyway.

I could care less about Twitter integration, but Facebook integration is an absolute must.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    I could care less about Twitter integration, but Facebook integration is an absolute must.
    Totally disagree. The only social networking integration you need is Twitter. Facebook is for kids, whereas Twitter is for adults.

Just look at how they've acted towards the iPad version of their app? Why hold off releasing it when it's been ready since May? Surely they weren't holding back until the release of the iPhone 5 and/or iOS 5.

Quote Originally Posted by iphonewarrior View Post
    Totally disagree. The only social networking integration you need is Twitter. Facebook is for kids, whereas Twitter is for adults.

Just look at how they've acted towards the iPad version of their app? Why hold off releasing it when it's been ready since May? Surely they weren't holding back until the release of the iPhone 5 and/or iOS 5.
    Wouldn't it be the other way around considering the only adults who primarily use twitter are celebrities and people who want to snoop on celebrities. Let's be realistic, no one cares what the neighbor down the street "just ate at apple bees". Calling one more mature than the other is ridiculous. That's like saying a 5th grade is better than an 8th grader, aren't they BOTH children?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iDeadman View Post
    Wouldn't it be the other way around considering the only adults who primarily use twitter are celebrities and people who want to snoop on celebrities. Let's be realistic, no one cares what the neighbor down the street "just ate at apple bees". Calling one more mature than the other is ridiculous. That's like saying a 5th grade is better than an 8th grader, aren't they BOTH children?

Getting back on topic.

Nearly everyone that I speak to prefers Twitter. It's easy to use looks good, there are quite a few different apps to use to change the user experience etc. Facebook is Facebook. Yeah it's got a rock solid place in the market, I don't mean to stereotype but it's full of angry kids.

It reminds me of playing Call of Duty online and hearing 9 year olds telling people to go **** themselves. Nice.

I use Twitter daily, I don't snoop on celebs.