Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Lead Developer of Facebook iPad App Leaves Facebook, Speaks Out

  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    I don't like Facebook because all I've seen it do is create drama and conflict for the people I know. My friend got his jaw broken as he was jumped by five guys over some stupid rumor on Facebook. The people I've seen use Facebook are usually not the brightest anyways. Over 90% of the time, it's just dumb people saying dumb stuff that gets them into bad situations. As for getting in touch with old friends and family, you could just use this thing I heard about called a phone. I see the whole "Social Networking" thing as a fad and nothing else.
    That's unfortunate, and the ppl that did that are childish idiots, however I've seen the same thing happen at a bar, at sporting events. That probably represents .03% of what people use Facebook for. Sorry to hear about those clowns, but I can say it's cool to see pictures of my sister's vacation and know that she's ok, or pictures of my friends new born when I was out of town and couldn't make it to the hospital. It is what it is.

    Matter of fact, this message board is a form of social networking.

  2. #22
    I wish I had kept the previous version of Facebook instead of updating because the iPad version was pretty nice. If I had known the new version removed the iPad code I wouldn't have updated.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Seriously I found out a buddy I grew up with passed away six months later so that's why I gave in and got a fb. I could of made his wake/funeral if I had one sooner. Also since then I have reconnected with people I pretty much forgot existed and some people I had some amazing memories growing up with. I share pictures of my kids as well with friends and family and enjoy seeing theirs. Granted some people who post every 15 mins need to get a life as well as people being phony but that's what the block feature is for No drama here on fb.

  4. #24
    Wow why is there only 1 reply to this? I figured more than one person would have a comment about this.

  5. #25
    ^^ says the person compelled to voice their opinion on yet another "social" site.

  6. #26
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Wow why is there only 1 reply to this? I figured more than one person would have a comment about this.
    Because MMi hides (site has some bugs) comments from the users, its like a scavenger hunt. Just click VIEW ORIGINAL POST and all will be revealed.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 09-27-2011 at 01:15 AM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    And didn't the original facebook app creator leave too?
    Yes, that was some time ago though.

    I like the iPad app, it's a bit of a pain not being able to just 'update all' in the appbstore though. Hopefully the full app will be released with iOS5.

    And I am way older than 25....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  8. #28
    Fixing things that are not broke, doesn't that sound familiar around here

  9. #29
    so....you claim that people who use facebook have no lives, yet you take time out of your day to comment on a MMi story...interesting....

  10. #30
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    I am OK with Twitter being integrated with the iOS but if Apple ever integrated Facebook into the OS, I would never own another iPhone again. I hate Facebook as it is mostly due to their security and privacy issues with tracking its users. I would never want that integrated in something as personal as my iPhone.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by superman4tqfp View Post
    So do phone calls and text messages. Grow up. You don't have time for actual conversations but everyone has time to read/post about their cats. Sure. FB definitely has its uses but it can just as detrimental.
    Well guess what, I don't have the phone contact info for most of the people on my FB. If I want to contact someone who is in my phone, I'll use my phone. For everyone else there's FB.

    Twitter is another thing altogether. I personally don't really care to associate with Twitter or "tweeting" whatsoever.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    You are obviously below the age of 25
    Your IQ is obviously below 25. Some of us like to converse with friends on Facebook because, guess what? We don't live close to one another anymore. Some of my friends are still in the military and Facebook allows me to share things with them and converse with them whenever I want. Telephones and email can do this to but a setting like Facebook allows me to see pics of them and their families quickly and easily. I'm 29 and over half my friends on Facebook don't live within a days drive of me.

    Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    I don't like Facebook because all I've seen it do is create drama and conflict for the people I know. My friend got his jaw broken as he was jumped by five guys over some stupid rumor on Facebook. The people I've seen use Facebook are usually not the brightest anyways. Over 90% of the time, it's just dumb people saying dumb stuff that gets them into bad situations. As for getting in touch with old friends and family, you could just use this thing I heard about called a phone. I see the whole "Social Networking" thing as a fad and nothing else.
    Then your "friends" and other people you see involved in the "drama" are immature morons. Facebook is not a fault, it's the low intelligence and maturity of your friends that is the problem. Blaming alcohol for your actions while intoxicated is just as stupid. Your friends and others were stupid and childish before Facebook was around and they will continue to be after it's gone. Phones and the cost to use them aren't always easy when friends live all over the world like mine do. I can't call all of my friends on the phone but I can talk to them on Skype and Facebook and other means for free. Your "fad" opinion of something that has been around for a good period of time and doesn't look to be going away is tainted by the stupidity and immaturity of your friends, Facebook is not at fault for making them stupid and immature. That is their own fault.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 09-30-2011 at 12:22 PM.
    HK-Z on Game Center

  13. #33
    ^^^ well said, KR! Most everyone has busy lives. Usually when one person has time to chat, other people don't. So with FB you can leave messages and stuff and other people can comment or get back with you later. IMHO it's a great TOOL to help you stay connected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •