+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Amazon Poised to Unveil Tablet Computer Next Wednesday

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Amazon Poised to Unveil Tablet Computer Next Wednesday

The worst-kept secret in the tablet world may officially be unveiled next week at an Amazon-sponsored press conference where a major product announcement is expected.

Early Friday, the online retail giant began sending out invitations to the company's New York press event, which read: “Please join us for an Amazon.com press conference.” Obviously, the invite doesn't spoil the anticipated announcement, but it's almost certain what Amazon plans to unveil.

Amazon is believed to be holding its event in September as to avoid being dwarfed by the anticipated Apple-dominated headlines in October. Industry watchers say Amazon should have at least ten full days to soak up the media spotlight that will be drawn to an Amazon-branded tablet.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the Amazon tablet is expected to have a "roughly nine-inch screen and will run on Google’s Android platform." While some may be quick to write-off Amazon's effort as futile in the face of Apple's growing dominance in the tablet market, Forrester analyst Sarah Rotman Epps says Amazon will be "backed by the company’s significant experience in selling digital content." Amazon, after all, already boasts of an Android app store and sells MP3 downloads and digital videos - all of which will make the Amazon tablet exponentially more attractive to potential buyers.

Source: WSJ

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

The worst-kept secret in the tablet world may officially be unveiled next week at an Amazon-sponsored press conference where a major product announcement is expected.
    Why is it the "worst-kept" secret in the tablet world?

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Why is it the "worst-kept" secret in the tablet world?
    I guess because its not a secret and hasnt been.

And just what we need! Another Android tablet!! Yeah!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

am curious about this ipad wana be looks

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post

And just what we need! Another Android tablet!! Yeah!
    There have been some good ones, just not at decent prices.

What we need is competitively priced Android tablets sporting vanilla Android allowing for updates.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    In all honesty I think honeycomb has been a bit of a dud for Google. Once ice-cream comes out, then it will be more of a challenge to the iPad.