+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Starting Pilot iPad Rental Program For Apple Store Employees

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
CNET is reporting Apple plans to start a pilot program that would allow Apple retail store employees to “check out” iPads for up to a week. The program would utilize
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Starting Pilot iPad Rental Program For Apple Store Employees

CNET is reporting Apple plans to start a pilot program that would allow Apple retail store employees to “check out” iPads for up to a week.

The program would utilize a stockpile of “loaner” iPads from which employees could borrow devices and use them freely before returning the devices for others to rent out. None of these iPads will see the hands of customers as “new” devices.

As of now Apple’s flagship store in San Francisco is the only store planning to implement the pilot program. It remains unclear whether other Apple stores will expand the program to other stores across the country. If it does in fact become standard policy for Apple store, being an Apple retail employee just added a nice new perk.

CNET talked to an official Apple spokesman, but they declined to “comment on or verify the existence of the program.” Still, the benefits of the program could make Apple’s retail establishments even more customer friendly. Not every Apple employee owns an iPad, and allowing them to take one home for a week from time to time will only help salespeople familiarize themselves with the device and pass that experience on to the customer.

Source: CNET
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 09-22-2011 at 09:52 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

$5 for the first one to turn theirs back in with Cydia and MyWi on it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
    Win.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
    They'd likely have you sign something stating you will not void the warranty under risk of having to pay full retail for the device. At the VERY least, I am sure they do a factory restore when products are returned.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

I'm not sure I understand... Why would you rent it for a week?

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple employee's have to rent? Why not give them each one? Its the least Apple could do for its employees because they all probably only get minium wage....

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Apple employee's have to rent? Why not give them each one? Its the least Apple could do for its employees because they all probably only get minium wage....
    Amen.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Read some job descriptions for the apple employees... I doubt it's minimum wage, plus they're not paid commission so it's gotta be some good pay...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sorry for some other question butWhats the name of the Badge Case around the Employee neck? Where Can I find one to buy ?Or is there any case in the same way for iphone?