+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Refurbished iPad 2s Now Available Through Apple's Online Store

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
As of this writing, Apple has begun making refurbished second-generation iPads available for purchase in its online store. Although the slightly reduced cost of the refurbished models may attract some
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Refurbished iPad 2s Now Available Through Apple's Online Store

As of this writing, Apple has begun making refurbished second-generation iPads available for purchase in its online store. Although the slightly reduced cost of the refurbished models may attract some buyers, the cost hasn't been lowered by a substantial enough amount to likely generate a surge in tablet buying.

All told, the refurbished models are only $50 less than the price of a new iPad 2. For now, the models presently available in Apple's online store (US Only) include:
    • 64 GB Wi-Fi (White and Black) for $649
    • 32 GB Wi-Fi + 3G for $679
    • 64 GB Wi-Fi + 3G for $779
    If you're unfamiliar with Apple's refurbishment program, the company tests and certifies all Apple refurbished products and tosses in a 1-year warranty. All refurbished iPad models also include a brand new battery and outer shell.

Refurbished first-generation iPads remain available in the online Apple store, with the lowest end model - iPad with Wi-Fi 32GB - going for $399.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Who spends $779 on a tablet? Especially one with a fixed feature set that gets outdated 1 year later.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    but its soooo stupid. why bother buying a refurbished iPad when the save is only 50bucks?? that is ZERO offer.
    i mean, whom are they trying to fool?? you can just buy it from the airport and save three times more on duty free, or sty like that....

iPhone? More like MyPhone peacedog's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navagosostis View Post
    but its soooo stupid. why bother buying a refurbished iPad when the save is only 50bucks?? that is ZERO offer.
    i mean, whom are they trying to fool?? you can just buy it from the airport and save three times more on duty free, or sty like that....
    My thoughts exactly. $50 is not a savings.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Typical Apple... Instead of getting a NEW 32GB 3G + WIFI for $729, I could get a refurb 64GB for $50 more... or in that case I could get a NEW for only another $50.
    This is the exact thought process Apple is hoping consumers take, and putting a $50 less price tag on the window may draw in a few new customers.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Axecaster View Post
    Who spends $779 on a tablet? Especially one with a fixed feature set that gets outdated 1 year later.
    The same people that would spend $10,000 if Steve Jobs took a steamy dump, froze it, and etched his signature on it with an Apple logo.

And if you buy 50 or more tablets for your company Apple will throw in a 2% discount. :P
    Last edited by RICO_; 08-31-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    The same people that would spend $10,000 if Steve Jobs took a steamy dump, froze it, and etched his signature on it with an Apple logo.
    The iDump.

I'm in. Where can I buy that? LOL!

Thanks

A colleague at work had an iP4 that went wrong - it was replaced with a refurb which has also gone wrong - he now has no faith in Apple products and I have little faith in their refurbs.

A small sample admittedly but...

But on the cheap iPad note, PCWorld were selling the iPad 1 64Gb with 3G for 399 - not sure if they still are but it is an interesting alternative at that price. A$50 discount for a refurb would not interest me. But that's just me.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If I a, not mistaken, their refurbs are covered under the same 1 year warranty. You open a refurb and it looks, feels, and even smells brand new. $50 isn't much, but I am sure some people view it as the price of a case or some other neat accessory.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Haters everywhere. If you don't like the concept of a refurb then it's simple... don't buy one.

Thanks

Yah exactly, 50 bucks is a savings... It's 50 dollars off the price, how is that not savings. Me personally I wouldn't risk the discount for a refurb product.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I don't know who's dumber. Us iPad 2 owners who know it's obsolete after 2 years or XP fanboys hanging on for 10 years? I'm serious, I don't know who's dumber?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,493 Times in 2,721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axecaster View Post
    Thank you Sir well said!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    If I a, not mistaken, their refurbs are covered under the same 1 year warranty. You open a refurb and it looks, feels, and even smells brand new. $50 isn't much, but I am sure some people view it as the price of a case or some other neat accessory.
    The "looks, feels, and even smells brand new" is because Apple replaces them with a new battery and outer shell.

Apple Certified Refurbished

Fast, free shipping on all refurbished products.

We test and certify all Apple refurbished products and include a 1-year warranty.
    All refurbished iPad models also include a brand new battery and outer shell.
    Limited supplies, but updated frequently. Availability is guaranteed upon receipt of full payment.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    The "looks, feels, and even smells brand new" is because Apple replaces them with a new battery and outer shell.

Apple Certified Refurbished

Fast, free shipping on all refurbished products.

We test and certify all Apple refurbished products and include a 1-year warranty.
    All refurbished iPad models also include a brand new battery and outer shell.
    Limited supplies, but updated frequently. Availability is guaranteed upon receipt of full payment.
    You sound like an Apple Sales Representative

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    A colleague at work had ipad2 coveran iP4 that went wrong - it was replaced with a refurb which has also gone wrong - he now has no faith in Apple ipad2case products and I have little faith in their refurbs.

A small sample admittedly but...

But on the cheap iPad note, PCWorld were ipad 2 accessory selling the iPad 1 64Gb with 3G for 399 - not sure if they still are but it is an interesting alternative at that price. A$50 discount for a refurb would not interest me. But that's just me.