Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab Ban No More in Europe

Default Samsung Galaxy Tab Ban No More in Europe

Apple's injunction against Samsung's Galaxy Tab is no more in the Eurozone, sans Germany where the suit originated.

The Dusseldorf District Court ruled the German Court does not have the power to ban sales of the tablet in any country except its own. The ban will be lifted until at least August 25 when Apple and Samsung will meet in court again to present their arguments. Arguments that Apple apparenty fudged a little bit evidience wise.

Yesterday it was discovered that Apple's photos comparing the Samsung Galaxy Tab and the iPad 2 were misleading. The photos submitted by Apple as evidence of the two tablets similarities showed the tablets having nearly identical 4:3 aspect ratios. The problem is the Galaxy Tab is noticeably thinner with nearly a 16:9 aspect ratio. However, it is not known if this egregious error had anything to do with today's ruling.

As it stands, it appears the German courts preliminary injunction has a very good chance of being reversed according to Florian Muller of Foss Patents. I'm no legal expert, but it would seem somewhat unjust to make a ruling based on fraudulent evidence.

Source: CNET and Foss Patents
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 08-16-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hopefully Judges outside of Germany can identify blatant photoshopping.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

carolinehill (08-26-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Hopefully Judges outside of Germany can identify blatant photoshopping.
    they day any judge is smart, is the day a dog turd becomes a 5 star meal.

While I do like Apple I still want this Samsung Tab to stay on the market here in Europe.
    Apple and Samsung (and other companies aswell) MUST compete against each other in order to improve their products even further. just saying...

btw, nice picture of an iPad/Galaxy Tab mix

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post

Yesterday it was discovered that Apple's photos comparing the Samsung Galaxy Tab and the iPad 2 were misleading. The photos submitted by Apple as evidence of the two tablets similarities showed the tablets having nearly identical 4:3 aspect ratios. The problem is the Galaxy Tab is noticeably thinner with nearly a 16:9 aspect ratio.
    Oh they did more than that. They also removed the "Samsung" label and posted the pic with the Applications tab open on the Galaxy instead of just the home screen making it look more like the iPad home screen with that menu open.

IMO this just shows how weak Apple's case is against Samsung and it should be immediately thrown out.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Suck it Apple!!! Suck it like a pig on a platter sucks you!!!!
    There was no mistake on the photochopping and if I was the judge I would actually find Apple guilty of manipulation of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Oh they did more than that. They also removed the "Samsung" label and posted the pic with the Applications tab open on the Galaxy instead of just the home screen making it look more like the iPad home screen with that menu open.

IMO this just shows how weak Apple's case is against Samsung and it should be immediately thrown out.
    well actually, the galaxy tap pics i've seen don't have the Samsung label on them. and amazon.com sales pic doesn't have it either.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1-Inch, 16GB, Wi-Fi): Computers & Accessories

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRaider View Post
    well actually, the galaxy tap pics i've seen don't have the Samsung label on them. and amazon.com sales pic doesn't have it either.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1-Inch, 16GB, Wi-Fi): Computers & Accessories
    Well then the pics you've seen are not the European version. The European does have the Samsung logo on it.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/slides...laxy_tab_10_1/

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    Say what?

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Aahh don't worry you still can get it from eBay...

Where is PolishHacker ??? He needs to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Well then the pics you've seen are not the European version. The European does have the Samsung logo on it.

Unboxing the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Slideshow - PC World
    that it does. but i think they just used a us galaxy tab pic and used it in the countries they're sueing in hopeing all of them will go by their evidance and not an actull retail product

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Where is the iPad in the pic? It's a stock Galaxy Tab image.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Where is the iPad in the pic? It's a stock Galaxy Tab image.
    lol, just joking.
    I ment that the underside of the Galaxy tab is slightly copied from the iPad

lol, just joking.
    I ment that the underside of the Galaxy tab is slightly copied from the iPad
    NAHHHH. NAHHH at all

Banned
    Thanks

Its really shameful that forged evidence had to be used to convince a judge that Samsung "copied" the ipad design. Its even more shameful that apple feels that they are the only company entitled to make tablets and accuse others of copying when they have done the same.

[IMG][/IMG]

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

spazturtle (08-17-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Its really shameful that forged evidence had to be used to convince a judge that Samsung "copied" the ipad design. Its even more shameful that apple feels that they are the only company entitled to make tablets and accuse others of copying when they have done the same.

[IMG][/IMG]

Are you sure that's some sort of a tab? (the samsung)
    It looks more like a digital photo frame

Sorry, I didn't read the post thoroughly

Anyways, it's still a big differens between a photo frame and a tab. I mean they serve their duties in two whole different ways
    Last edited by CustomSS1; 08-17-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Are you sure that's some sort of a tab? (the samsung)
    It looks more like a digital photo frame

Sorry, I didn't read the post thoroughly

Anyways, it's still a big differens between a photo frame and a tab. I mean they serve their duties in two whole different ways
    ya but what about the sizes? thats what apple was going by was the size of the photoshoped galaxy tap and a stock ipad.

But still available in the Netherlands (permanently!) The court only granted some demands regarding Samsung phones, but dismissed any "lookalike" claims regarding the
    tablets.
    And I ? Actually I had a Galaxy 10.1 for a week but sent it home again a week ago.
    Deal breakers:
    1. Poor video support
    2. No Skype video support at all
    3. Uncertain future of app development, as a result of possible negative outcome of law suits in Australia and the US.
    I loved the looks, the size, the handling and thinness though.

So I ordered an iPad 2 64GB Wifi. I discovered that 3G for a tablet (no texting/sms, no phone, expensive roaming abroad) is not really something I need.
    Still I despise Apple's anal device control and hope that iOS5 and iPhone5 (my 3GS subcription finishes in December) will be jailbroken soon. Because I really liked my 3GS and oh boy, was that one jailbroken! . As of day 1!
    Last edited by arttext; 09-12-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    iPad Air 64 7.1.1 JB
    iPhone 5s 32 7.1.1 JB(