Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Ignores Australian Injunction, Will Release Galaxy Tab Anyway

Default Samsung Ignores Australian Injunction, Will Release Galaxy Tab Anyway

Samsung, in an effort to clear up reports the Australian Galaxy Tab was indefinitely delayed, issued a statement to Ausdroid.net confirming the tablet would be coming to Aussie Land.

According to Samsung the agreement reached with Apple to prevent the sale of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia until the end of a U.S. based patent lawsuit between the two companies applies to a "variant" of the tablet Samsung has no intention of selling in Australia. I postured yesterday that Samsung might release a different version of their Galaxy Tab in an effort to avoid litigation with Apple and this seems to confirm that they believe they already have a variant that fits "lawsuit free" criteria.

Apple Inc. filed a complaint with the Federal Court of Australia involving a Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 variant that Samsung Electronics had no plans of selling in Australia. No injunction was issued by the court and the parties in the case reached a mutual agreement which stipulates that the variant in question will not be sold in Australia.

A Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 for the Australian market will be released in the near future.

This undertaking does not affect any other Samsung smartphone or tablet available in the Australian market or other countries.

Samsung will continue to actively defend and protect our intellectual property to ensure our continued innovation and growth in the mobile communication business. - Official Samsung Statement
    How much the Australian variant of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 differs compared to its U.S. counterpart has yet to be seen. A rather extensive redesign must be in order if Samsung feels the Australian version is exempt from Apple's current patent Lawsuit.

Source: Ausdroid

You go Samsung! Not that it really matters.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats a bold move right there

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Good. Don't give into Apple's ridiculous bullying. Competition is good, even for Apple. Without competition how else are Apple gonna know what to add to iPad 3...4..5

Thanks

That's not "ignoring an injunction," that's just intelligent interpretation of your agreement.

I don't believe Samsung has actually been enjoined in Australia, just under mutual, non-court-enforced agreement with Apple pending their American lawsuit not to sell a particular device.

I'd like to know what "variant" exactly Apple and Samsung are fighting over, and how the "Australian" version is different enough that neither Apple nor Samsung has a problem with it...

Banned
    Thanks

I don't get it. my Samsung Galaxy Tab looks NOTHING like the sh!t pad. Not in any way shape or form and certainly not in any way that warrants a lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    You go Samsung! Not that it really matters.
    I don't get it. my Samsung Galaxy Tab looks NOTHING like the sh!t pad. Not in any way shape or form and certainly not in any way that warrants a lawsuit.

i really don't see the point of apple doing all this corporate bullying... it's not like their products are failing or going unnoticed.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by louietsang View Post
    i really don't see the point of apple doing all this corporate bullying... it's not like their products are failing or going unnoticed.
    What do companies and corporations with lots of power want?

MORE POWER!

Welcome to America. Soon to be the former United States.