Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official Skype For iPad Now Available

Default Official Skype For iPad Now Available

Thanks to a tip from Twitter (@iBattaglia), it has been found that the official Skype application is now available for the iPad.

The iPad version has been long awaited by the public so this release is taken with positive reception. Over the last month or so, there have been tons of teasers and rumors indicating that the release was coming soon. A leaked video was even found and confirmed to be a working version of Skype for the iPad. However, there was no indication or statement from Skype confirming the date of availability.

Without any notice, the iPad version has been snuck into the Skype AppStore application. It is available for download now. Give it a shot and post your thoughts here.

Here's a few pieces of information.

• Video calling on Skype for iPad works over 3G and WiFi
    • Skype for iPad is compatible on firmwares 4.0+
    • You can Skype all supported devices from the iPad (Mac, iPhone, iPod Touch, etc.)

To find the application in iTunes, follow this link (if you search "Skype for iPad" in iTunes, it does not come up):

Skype for iPad

Thanks to Nick Battaglia for giving me a head's up; if you're on Twitter, give him a follow!

UPDATE: Skype has announced that they will be removing Skype for iPad from the iTunes Store for the time being. According to their tweet on Twitter, it a was apparently prematurely released. We will keep you posted.

Skype for iPad is available again: the link should work, as well as searching "Skype for iPad" in iTunes.

Source(s): Nick Battaglia, Skype - Twitter
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 08-02-2011 at 09:39 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Removed
    Last edited by Healy1818; 08-01-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: remove

Quote Originally Posted by Healy1818 View Post
    I think this needs to be called something like Skype Now Compatible with iPad. Only because this app is not a Made for iPad app. It it still just the standard iPhone app and you do have to 2x zoom it. RetinaPad makes this app alot cleaner looking though.
    That's odd - there are people that are able to use it fullscreen. I know of people that have tested it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey josh, update that App Store link to this Skype for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store this goes to the actial Skype for iPad. I got this from 9to5mac.com Also trying to download it I got an error message saying this app may not longer be available to purchase. Perhaps it was taken down?

I followed the link you provided and the version downloaded on to my i pad is also an I phone app. Weird!

hey josh, update that App Store link to this Skype for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store this goes to the actial Skype for iPad. I got this from 9to5mac.com Also trying to download it I got an error message saying this app may not longer be available to purchase. Perhaps it was taken down?
    Thank you much - will do.

WHen I use the link provide by Heally1818, I get an error message from I tunes that says, "This App i not available in the US."

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

They keep making apps like this however won't be able to use them much if they keep limiting our data like they are.

Thanks

Not available for download in the US store???

The post has been updated - Skype has removed it from the iTunes Store for time being as it apparently was released prematurely.

These skype... it is incredible, the ipad has been available for over a year and they still can't f*** make it work???

Thanks

I've downloaded it the MIN i found out it was available.

Banned
    Thanks

They did the same with Facebook.
    Why do they even bother to upload it until they are finished testing it?

Looks like ALL devs are slack these days. Look at all the games getting released with 0 day patches. Proving you are buying beta and untested software they try to pass off as final.

It also usually takes at least a few days for crApple to let software come into the store. Is this the same with updates?

I think ALL devs should have their assess kicked and realise the public doesn't want beta software we want final. So test it properly before releasing it.

Cool. I just got it 10 mins ago is it still going to work now they have pulled it?

Removed
    Cool I got it just in time

Used this link just now and got the app fine. Thanks

Thanks

Thanks! I used this link and it worked for me too!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm just downloading it right now from the U.S AppStore and it's the iPad version
    Actually I just searched for "Skype" and voilą!!

Quote Originally Posted by ApertureSci3nce View Post
    It's live again
    Post has been updated accordingly.

I was excited for this release. I've been using the iPhone version on my iPad2. So I download it, and start it up. Then I'm told that this version of Skype only works on non-modified iOS platforms. What the crap?? So I try it again, and it opens up just fine, and tests just fine.

Did anyone else get the "you're jailbroken" warning?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast