+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Google Updates Search Page, New Tablet Optimized Version Available

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Google is now rolling out a tablet friendly updated version of its google.com search page. The update sports larger text, buttons, and other page elements that are considerably easier to
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Google Updates Search Page, Now More Tablet Friendly

Google is now rolling out a tablet friendly updated version of its google.com search page.

The update sports larger text, buttons, and other page elements that are considerably easier to click with my fat clunky broken fingers. Google also " focused on improvements that enhance the viewing experience such as enlarged image previews, continuous scroll, and faster loading of image thumbnails," according to their mobile blog.

The page is available to iPad and Android HoneyComb 3.1 tablet users in 36 different languages. It can be accessed by simply going to google.com on a compatible device.

The design definitely shares a resemblance with Google+ and if this is the direction Google is going with their design I wont complain. A reminder though, the update isn't all at once, its rolling out gradually. If you don't see it, keep checking back and it'll eventually show up.

Source: Googlemobile [via Mashable]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Umm......Cool!?!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

one word: HOT. This is basically the full version. But i guess the one difference is it's optimized for tablet size screens

Thanks

I don't like it