+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Shipping Times Improved: Now 1-3 Days

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Since the release of the Apple iPad 2 four months ago, the demand for this device has been skyrocketing out of the clouds. For the longest time, shipping times ranged
    Thanks

Default iPad 2 Shipping Times Improved: Now 1-3 Days

Since the release of the Apple iPad 2 four months ago, the demand for this device has been skyrocketing out of the clouds. For the longest time, shipping times ranged from weeks to even months. Finally in middle July, Apple has caught up with the demand and is offering one to three day shipping for all iPad devices.

Over a period of just a week, Apple improved from last week's three to five days shipping times all the way to the most minimal shipping times possible. Shortly after the release in March, as mentioned above, Apple stated that it could take up to month to receive the iPad 2 via online purchase from the Apple website. Times dropped down to two weeks in March and continued this pattern all the way into July.

In spite of this rapid change, analysts believe that this improvement is not a result of a decline in demand - but an improvement on supply constraints.

Source(s): AppleInsider
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 07-17-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I wonder if the shipping time will change for their other products as well.
    That's a good question - the thing is, I don't think their other products are in that high of a demand? Or if they are, Apple might have a better handle on the shipping procedure now that the manufacturing routine for the respective device is nailed.

Thanks

Ordered mine when it was 3-5 days and it shipped in 2 and got here 3 days before ups said it would

Banned
    Thanks

This is how it should've been from the start.
    They knew there would be such a demand so why didn't they make more?
    Stupid crApple. They really are retarded in the way they do things.
    They will do the same for the iPhone 5 and iPad 3. They should just make more before they start to sell them but they arn't that smart.

Thanks

concert, kind of like..

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    They will do the same for the iPhone 5 and iPad 3. They should just make more before they start to sell them but they arn't that smart.
    I don't even know where to start to respond to such a narrow minded view of this situation but I'll try.

1. Due to the annual cycle refresh of a product you have to budget time for design development, testing, component and manufacturing contracts, last minute changes due to your competition.. etc. Apple generally doesn't even begin to manufacture their final product until 2 months before product launch because of this.

2. Their initial product launch and continued production have an infinite number of variables but there is ALWAYS your "bottle neck" process that limits the number of products you can manufacture.. this could be final assembly but most likely essential component limitations. Lets say you can make 1 million cases a month but your limited to 600,000 flash chips and 500,000 A5 processors. You'll only ship 500,000 units.

3. Apple wants to hype their product as much as possible and this causes more demand than for any other kind of electronics in the world. It's just not practical to make 10 million units for launch day and tie up that much money in inventory. It would make their quarterly earnings report for that period look HORRIBLE b/c they are making products and not selling any of them... then stock prices drop and investors pull out.

If you'd like more critical thought out analysis you might want to pick up MBA's for Dummies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (07-17-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Your statement is very arrogant. Take an economics coarse and you will understand a lot more about how supply and demand actually work in a real world market. As for the current delivery time, the I pad has finally reached an equilibrium in the market place and that is a good thing for Apple and consumers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is a newsworthy story? Must be a slow day.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

is that an iPad 1 in the picture? Modmyi couldn't get their hands on an iPad 2? J/K

Maybe demand has dropped and inventories supplies are exceeding demand. Every target and best buy have decent inventories and have for over a month.

I think late october early November we may see a slew of "can't find an iPad 2" threads.
    Buy now and prepare for huge profit takings on ebay.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spider_romeo's Avatar
    Thanks

iPad 2 Shipping Times Improved: Now 1-3 Days, it's should be when the iPad 2 is jailbreakable......

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    is that an iPad 1 in the picture? Modmyi couldn't get their hands on an iPad 2? J/K
    Yeah, I think it's funny how they use photos of older model iPhones and iPads even when they are talking about the latest model. It's not like there aren't enough photos of the latest ones out there.