+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Taps Second Major Manufacturing Partner Ahead of Next iPad Refresh

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
As of late, with every new day comes another indication that Apple is at least laying the groundwork for the next iPad, if not readying it for a forthcoming launch.
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Reportedly Taps Second Major Manufacturing Partner Ahead of Next iPad Refresh

As of late, with every new day comes another indication that Apple is at least laying the groundwork for the next iPad, if not readying it for a forthcoming launch. Bright and early this Monday morning, DigiTimes reported that Apple is taking a significant step toward accelerated iPad production with the likely impetus being the need to crank out a refreshed product... soon.

"Apple reportedly plans to add a second manufacturer for iPad 3 tablet PCs in addition to Foxconn Electronics with Taiwan-based Quanta Computer and Petagron Technology being indicated as the potential contenders for the possible orders," DigiTimes reports, noting that the information comes from "industry sources" in Taiwan - sources with a pretty reliable track record.

Of course, no is saying that the looming refresh will be an iPad 3. In fact, a third-generation tablet has become almost a certainty for spring of 2012. Rather, the refreshed tablet anticipated is an enterprise-targeted model that may be considerably more high-end than its predecessors and deliver a 2048 x 1536 Retina Display.

All told, the clues are quickly mounting. Between hints dropped in iOS 5 exclusive SDKframework files to the latest manufacturing reports out of Taiwan, it appears that Apple is going to introduce this elite iPad refresh soon - possibly even this fall when the iPhone 5 makes its long-waited debut.

Source: DigiTimes

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I will believe it when i see it. Apple usually tends to stick to their normal refresh times, but as we all know we are all still waiting on the iPhone (5) release. So who knows till its really announced.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

"iPad 3 tablet PCs"
    #LOSE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    "iPad 3 tablet PCs"
    #LOSE
    Thanks for this extremely informative reply

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Still do not want!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

OR...and stay with me for the more logical theory.
    Apple taps Second Major Manufacturing Partner Ahead of Next iPhone Refresh.
    The current iPad (2) is still in high demand, so it makes infinitely more sense to suggest that Apple will use one partner for continued/increased iPad 2 production and another partner to concentrate on iPhone 5 production, which will no doubt be a high demand product also.

I know using a bit of common sense can be lost when you absolutely adore posting about the same old rumor over and over and over again.

Banned
    Thanks

I wanna know how people who purchased an ipad 2 feel about the ipad 2.1 !!! I mean seriously, they ipad 2 was DOA from the get-go and I was saying that since it was announced. I predicted an ipad 3 would be launched by the end of the year and it seems like that will certainly be the case (so what if its called ipad 2-whatever)

all of you who purchased an ipad 2 got duped and I cant believe how many of you are talking about selling it and buying an ipad 2-whatever.

How can people be so stupid and so eager to throw away their money. the ipad 2 is nothing more than an ipad 1 with cameras and a faster cpu.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    I wanna know how people who purchased an ipad 2 feel about the ipad 2.1 !!! I mean seriously, they ipad 2 was DOA from the get-go and I was saying that since it was announced. I predicted an ipad 3 would be launched by the end of the year and it seems like that will certainly be the case (so what if its called ipad 2-whatever)

all of you who purchased an ipad 2 got duped and I cant believe how many of you are talking about selling it and buying an ipad 2-whatever.

How can people be so stupid and so eager to throw away their money. the ipad 2 is nothing more than an ipad 1 with cameras and a faster cpu.
    Do you own an iPad 2?? Highly doubt it... Remember the term,"to each is own"?

Everybody that I know loves their iPad 2. People like what THEY like, and I'm sure they are not thinking they got duped. I had an iPad 2 and loved it; then sold it because I didn't need it. Please go back and watch the keynote on the iPad 2 because there was a lot more upgrades than what you listed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psilocybin View Post
    Thanks for this extremely informative reply
    You are welcome. And thank you for being a smart a** and also for your equally informative reply.