+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Store Display iPad Jailbroken, I Smell a Movement

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by exNavy I find it hilarious apple didn't learn their lesson the last (two) times now and block access to the ip address for jailbreakme.com They could have
    iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    I find it hilarious apple didn't learn their lesson the last (two) times now and block access to the ip address for jailbreakme.com
    They could have connected to a iPhone mobile hotspot in their pocket.
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Smell a movement? Oh please!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Oh brother! Enough with the philosophical self-righteousness! Did this do anything to hurt the JB culture? No! They don't want jailbreaking. Simple as that. Yes they copy JB stuff and hire JB talent, but I'm sure they won't admit to it for the most part. Nobody's feeling are really hurt except, as already stated, iOS security. I love the idea of a mywi user getting past restrictions! That's beautiful. Me--I just find this hilarious!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    But they HAVE, in almost any/every place that matters.
    One of two things happened here (my guess)
    * local store forgot to keep its firewall / blocklist rules up-to-date. Woops. Some employees are going to feel the heat.

* sneaky hacker made a mirror of the content on JBM at a new address. Local firewall / blocklist rules are irrelevant. Steve Jobs will be stamping his feet, looking for a fix asap. This might help push 4.3.4 out just a little sooner.
    Chances are greater that this guy has something like MyWi installed on his phone, and he simply connected the iPad to the mobile hotspot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't see the point on creating a software update to patch the exploit that let's jailbreakme.com do it's magic.. I mean, people who want to stay with the jb will just not update the firmware and that's it! it's as simple as that.. instead, if they do make an update with some brand new, nice features people would have to give up the jb to have those features, in wich case I'd rather wait until someone finds another jb to update my iDevice
    maybe if they patch that pdf thing for the final release of iOS5 that would do the trick, but just an update for that (let's say the update is 4.3.4) would be useless, just for some unfortunate guys who buy the ipad 2 after the update...

Thanks

They helped the apple store sell product by showing them what an ipad could do once unleashed! No nuisance at all. It's just the same as when a customer installs an app. Except this app allows much more features.

Hell, maybe the jailbreaker installed the PDF fix from cydia. You're welcome Apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ensigma View Post
    This only pushes apple to hate jailbreaking even more and now they'll just step up their battle against jailbreaking and do whatever they can to make it more difficult for us.
    Are you joking?? Apple LOVES jailbreakers, how do you think they get all "their" innovative iOS features??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cactii View Post
    Apple can pretend to hate all they/you want, but the JB community are iPhone innovators. Many iOS 5 features were first JB apps. iOS 5 notifications? Hello Lockinfo, Intelliscreen, SBSettings, MobileNotifier (this developer got HIRED by Apple). Wifi sync? JB app. They even copied the icon lol. Hell, back in the day you had to JB your iPhone to send picture messages. Video recording? JB app. Tethering, battery percentage, volume button as camera button? All first JB apps. Apple may perfect iOS integration, but JB community innovates.
    Well said.

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    SMH. Quite frankly, I'm astounded at how a usually proud and outspoken "underground" community has turned into a bunch of self righteous flip-flops over the promotion of jailbreaking (and hence addition of new members) in an iStore. Nuisance to the staff? Oh, poor, poor "geniuses". Now they might have to do their jobs and restore the occasional iDevice.
    A serious "pat-on-the-back" to the devs! Freed 5 or 6 of my friends iDevices in the last week! Hasn't been this quick easy to jailbreak since 1.1.1.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Who says Apple doesn't like jailbreakers? Of course they like jailbreakers. Well, maybe not like but must realize the symbiosis and even foster it in some respects. Just because they keep patching jb exploites rendering the jb unusable doesnt mean they are out to get jailbreakers. It only means they've patched a known exploit in their software. Jobs and Co know full well without the jb community they are competing against Windows Mobile instead of Android. Not Windows 7 the new one that still sucks, but Windows Mobile the old one. So as much as Jobs detests the jb community for siphoning a few dollars off the top of his pile, it would be a lot smaller pile without them.

Thanks

This is not something the Dev Team approve of or condone.

It doesn't come as a suprise that it's hppened, I would have been far more suprised if no one had done it, there will always be someone who thinks it's clever....

Thanks

Meh I dont really care either way, but it is funny mentioning jailbreaking to Apple staff. I was at mates leaving do the other night, and he works for Apple, so naturally the gang from the "Orchard", as he likes to call them, were there. I had a real urge to walk over and shout jailbreak and watch their faces cringe. Sadly, they left before I got a chance (or more likely I didn't know them so didn't my chances )

I wouldn't like to be a nuisance as said, but I really can't stand the whole Apple/Steve Jobs worshipping haha.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,035 Posts

Apple can pretend to hate all they/you want, but the JB community are iPhone innovators. Many iOS 5 features were first JB apps. iOS 5 notifications? Hello Lockinfo, Intelliscreen, SBSettings, MobileNotifier (this developer got HIRED by Apple). Wifi sync? JB app. They even copied the icon lol. Hell, back in the day you had to JB your iPhone to send picture messages. Video recording? JB app. Tethering, battery percentage, volume button as camera button? All first JB apps. Apple may perfect iOS integration, but JB community innovates.
    Wraps it up in a nut shell.

In other news I Jb an ipad2 at my local apple store. Opened Cydia. Then proceeded to leave. I returned 15mins later. Cydia still loaded were I left it. Crazy.

Thanks

+1

Thanks

video removed by apple lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

haha they already blocked the site at my store last year when JBme 2.0 came out. it redirects to the apple homepage.

Also, is there any way the jb community could become an official organization so they could all group together and sue apple for everything they stole? like Cactii said, almost everything apple has "Innovated" and placed into the OS has been ripped off of JB devs. Ex: Downloading Apps, Homescreen wallpaper, video recording, folders, multitasking, notification systems, spotlight search, WiFi Sync, MMS messaging...etc. The only things I can think of that apple actually created themselves (I might be wrong) were Facetime, Voicecontrol, Visual voicemail...

I only entered the JB scene during the 3.x firmwares, so I might be forgetting some things
    Last edited by rayzeur22; 07-10-2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: !

Green Apple
    Thanks

YouTube - ‪Jailreaking a Store iPhone 4 ‬‏

It's done mainly for the adrenaline of it

Thanks

They block'd the IP Adress... No worries, that's what MyWi is for! I installed Cydia with a few themes and SB tweaks... Customers were amazed!

Thanks

I think it's funny and if I have to go to an apple store for anything I'd do it. Consider it payback for censoring any mention of jailbreaking in apples forum. That is what's stupid.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wonder if that iPad is still under warranty