+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pope Tweets With iPad, Satan Stuck With Xoom

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Catholics everywhere yearning for the official good news straight from the Vatican via Twitter. On a Holy iPad. Seriously, Pope Benedict XVI tweeted for the first time ever using an
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Pope Tweets With iPad, Satan Stuck With Xoom

Catholics everywhere yearning for the official good news straight from the Vatican via Twitter. On a Holy iPad.

Seriously, Pope Benedict XVI tweeted for the first time ever using an iPad yesterday. What was the tweet you ask?

Dear Friends, I just launched News.va. Praised be our Lord Jesus Christ! With my prayers and blessings, Benedictus XVI
    The site listed in the Pope's tweet is the new Vatican portal that fuses together a number of print and broadcast news streams into one site. Twitter wasn't the only new fangled social media device the Vatican launched, the holy sovereign nation now has a Facebook page and official YouTube channel.

The social-media outreach programs are grouped on the cleverly named Pope 2 You site. Head over their for your Vatican related social media needs.

I fully intend to start tagging the Vatican and the Pope with the hash tag "AmIright?" in every tweet.

Source: CNET

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Happy to be replying to this from the ModMyi app. And this is cool that the pope uses an iPad wonder if he had to buy it or was it a gift.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    Happy to be replying to this from the ModMyi app. And this is cool that the pope uses an iPad wonder if he had to buy it or was it a gift.
    The MMi app is back? Sweet.

Twitter is such a strange phenomenon. It has single-handedly invigorated and destroyed communication over the internet, simultaneously. Anecdotal Tweets from celebrities, politicians, and now Saints, are now considered news. I mean international news. It's weird.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought Moses did it all years ago with 2 tablets.....mountain? Surely White iPad with wings?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

LMAO! I love the headline. A+ on that alone

Thanks

Best headline ever.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Twitter is such a strange phenomenon. It has single-handedly invigorated and destroyed communication over the internet, simultaneously. Anecdotal Tweets from celebrities, politicians, and now Saints, are now considered news. I mean international news. It's weird.
    Well, it's not like the news sites are doing a very good job reporting all the news accurately and without bias. If you want to know something about someone or someplace, it's better and far more accurate to hear it from the horse's mouth.