+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real Racing 2 HD Demos Wireless Dual-Screen Gaming on iPad 2

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Real Racing 2 HD Demos Wireless Dual-Screen Gaming on iPad 2

It looks as if dual-screen gaming is going to be the next big thing in the world of video games, if the latest game from Firemint is any indication. Firemint is set to release Real Racing 2 HD, which will bring dual-screen gaming to the iPad months before the release of Nintendoís latest console, the Wii U, which also features a dual-screen design. Nintendo unveiled the Wii U, at E3 this year, and will release it sometime in 2012. By the time the Wii U hits store shelves, dual-screen gaming will already be available on the iPad 2.

The current version of Real Racing 2 HD already includes support for dual screen gaming, but only if you use an Apple AV cable connected to your HDTV and iPad 2. When iOS 5 is released in the fall, youíll be able to cut the cord and play wirelessly through a second-generation Apple TV.

Real Racing 2 uses the iPad primarily as a controller, but it can also display maps and other useful gaming information. The game supports full HD 1080p video and includes impressive onscreen graphics that rivals that of dedicated gaming consoles.

One of iOS 5ís more useful features is AirPlay Mirroring on the iPad 2. This is a great new feature, but there is some noticeable latency when using it. Any actions you perform on the iPadís screen are slightly delayed on the TV screen. Firemint has done an impressive job overcoming this problem and as a result, Real Racing 2 appears not to suffer from major latency issues.

There has been no love lost between Nintendo and Apple over the years. Nintendo CEO, Satoru Iwata, has stated publicly that Apple is a bigger threat to them than other rival console makers such as Microsoft. With the release of iOS 5, dual screen gaming will be available on the iPad 2 months before the Nintendo Wii U can go on sale. This could certainly steal some of Nintendoís thunder. I wonder how long it will take for someone to come out with a tri-screen gaming console?

Source: Engadget

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally taking advantage of the A5! About f-ing time. Other devs should follow this example. I'll be a happy man when I can play gears of war 2 or 3 on my idevice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    Finally taking advantage of the A5! About f-ing time. Other devs should follow this example. I'll be a happy man when I can play gears of war 2 or 3 on my idevice.
    ^^^Like^^^

Green Apple
    Thanks

Beat Nintendo to the punch

Thanks

I wonder if you will be able to use your iPad 1st Gen to do this also

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smr891 View Post
    I wonder if you will be able to use your iPad 1st Gen to do this also
    I doubt it. Apple will claim that it's not "powerful" enough

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I wonder if would be possible to make the ps3 work as an air-play enable device, since I dont have an apple tv, but now ps3 jailbreak seems not to be an option