Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-02-2011, 04:14 AM #1
Apple Releases Major iOS updates to iMovie and GarageBand for iPad
Apple today released major updates to iMovie and GarageBand for iPad. iMovie now includes support for audio/video output through HDMI and videos will now play full screen through Apple’s Digital AV Adapter on an HDTV. GarageBand has also received a significant update. It now includes audio output through AirPlay and HDMI. You can now also import CD quality AIFF files among other formats as well.
iMovie’s latest new features include:
- Audio plays from your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Video plays full screen from Marquee to your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Resolves some cases of missing media in projects.
- Provides more accurate clip grouping by date in Video browser.
- Fixes an issue where a project's background music would not fade in or out.
- Additional performance and reliability improvements.
When using GarageBand Apple states that, “You can import an audio file from your computer into Tracks view. GarageBand for iPad supports uncompressed audio files with a 44.1 kHz sample rate and 16-bit depth (the standard for audio CDs). You can also import Apple Loops.” This is a welcomed improvement over the previous version, however, audio engineers may scoff at only being able to record at CD quality. They usually prefer to work with higher quality audio files.
The iOS was rather slow adopting a copy and paste feature, but now using the latest version of GarageBand, “You can paste an audio file from an app that supports copying audio to the clipboard” Thankfully, it didn’t take Apple until version 3 to implement this feature.
GarageBand’s latest new features include:
- Support for audio output over AirPlay, Bluetooth devices and HDMI with the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Import of AIFF, WAV, CAF audio files and Apple Loops (16 bit, 44.1 kHz).
- Allows copy and paste of audio from supported apps into GarageBand.
- Addresses occurrences of GarageBand freezing while playing Smart Instruments.
- Improves overall stability and addresses a number of minor issues.
The latest versions of iMovie and GarageBand are available now. If you’ve never used either of these apps, they will both set you back 5 bucks each. They are both well worth the price of admission.
Last edited by Wiley John Wright; 06-02-2011 at 04:17 AM.
06-02-2011, 04:31 AM #2
Updates are always a good thing.
06-02-2011, 06:14 AM #3
06-02-2011, 08:58 AM #4
I love this new update, makes me wish i didnt sell my ipad 2. But sin e im waiting for my new ipad 2 , thats ok :-)
06-02-2011, 03:07 PM #5
06-05-2011, 06:29 AM #6
iMovies still doesn't work on the original iPadHe who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.