+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Obama Receives iPad 2 from Polish Prime Minister

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Obama Receives iPad 2 from Polish Prime Minister

President Obama met with Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk today and was presented with a number of gifts from the head of state. The gifts included a fanciful pen and an iPad 2 complete with Polish made content. It is a traditional custom to give visiting dignitaries and heads of state several gifts to commemorate their visit to Poland.

The President’s new iPad was chalked full of Polish made films and other content including the popular Polish-made video game ‘The Witcher.’ The short animated film ‘Cathedral’ by Tomasz Bagiński was also included on the iPad. It was nominated for an Oscar back in 2002 and has no dialog. This is rather convenient, as the President does not speak any Polish.

Another film called ‘City of Ruins,’ was also included on the President’s iPad. The Los Angeles Times describes the film by stating, “’City of Ruins,’ a new short documentary film, features 3-D aerial sequences that re-create the bombed-out views of Warsaw during World War II.”

President Obama will also have the opportunity to play the Polish-made video game, ‘The Witcher.’ It’s based on a series of books by author Andrzej Sapkowski. The game has received rave reviews and is a symbol of national pride in that country.

President Obama’s European trip also included stops in France, Great Britain and Ireland, but it concluded in Poland toady. I wonder what gifts the President received from the other head’s of state. It’s doubtful though that he received anything quite as sweet as an iPad 2 while he was away. Although, I hear that Steve himself already gave the President an iPad 2 some time ago.

Source: TUAW

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BAMA!

Thanks

Huh. Wonder if the back it studded with diamonds and rubies, and if the iPad is "polished".

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wil_mcmains View Post
    Huh. Wonder if the back it studded with diamonds and rubies, and if the iPad is "polished".
    I bet it is

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wonder if it's filled with dozens of videos and audios of the Polish Prime Minister's speeches, in Polish.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Polish Content?? Shift Restore!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Federal law prohibits US officials from accepting personal gifts from foreign dignitaries valued at more than 350 dollars. So while it's a nice gesture, the iPad will just go to the State Department to be tagged and stored.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaMan05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chasev2 View Post
    Federal law prohibits US officials from accepting personal gifts from foreign dignitaries valued at more than 350 dollars. So while it's a nice gesture, the iPad will just go to the State Department to be tagged and stored.
    Hahahahaha ya right. As if state officials follow laws.

The USA is legally a secular state, that makes lines like In God We Trust and God Bless America illegal. Look it up

In any case, too bad it will all have to be deleted to sync with another computer. Stupid Apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

At least he gave him something he could use, unlike the DVDs Obama gave Gordon Brown that he couldn't watch. What a dipshit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

Well one thing we established here is that poland's intel sector sucks. Otherwise they would have realized that Obama was already given an iPad 2 from Apple's CEO himself. If they had used any thought process a different gift probably would have been a better idea than to give him something he already has.

Thanks
    I wonder if it was swept for bugs....too much 24 for me...lol