View Poll Results: What is the most you have ever paid for an app?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's either free or not for me

0 0%
  • Between $1-5

0 0%
  • Between $6-10

0 0%
  • Between $11-20

0 0%
  • I'm so rich the government had to bail me out

0 0%
+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poll: All Great iPad Apps Cost A Month and A Half's Salary Right?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Three-hundred dollas for an iOS application? I don't think I've ever paid more than $10 for an App. Most-Expensive.net has put together a list of the most expensive iPad apps.
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Poll: All Great iPad Apps Cost A Month and A Half's Salary Right?

Three-hundred dollas for an iOS application? I don't think I've ever paid more than $10 for an App. Most-Expensive.net has put together a list of the most expensive iPad apps. Thinking about it clogs the arteries of my frugal heart.

My Favorites:

Becker's 2011 CPA Mobile Flashcards for iPad $299.99- Ever dream of becoming a Certified Public accountant? Having trouble passing the Uniform CPA Examination

iDIA Diagnostic Imaging Atlas (Equine) $349.99- For the equine obsessed, and veterinarians.

MobilecamViewer $349.99- A necessity for the more paranoid home owners, and business owners. MobileCamViewer lets the user view six cams at any one time. Personally I'd use this to see who keeps stealing the weekly ad inserts from my Sunday newspaper.

BarMax CA and BarMax NY $999.99- The Bar exam sucks. Study for it in different states sucks even more. Harvard Lawyers teamed up with a few tip iPad developers to produce this Bar Exam studying app.

I can't believe applications cost this much. Fully featured design, and 3-D rendering applications for Windows and OS X don't cost this much. I bought the complete Adobe Creative Suite for less than some of these apps. The programs needed to create these apps, cost less than the apps themselves.

Head on over to Most-Expensive.net and check out the rest of the list. As well as all the other expensive crap most of us will likely never be able to own.

All this got me thinking though, how many members of the ModMyi community actually purchase apps that cost more than a few dollars. I can't imagine too many. Expensive apps seem to have incredibly narrow niches.

Or maybe a lot of people own gold plated and diamond encrusted iPads.

Source: Most-Expensive.net
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 05-29-2011 at 09:03 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What would be interesting too is if they had the info for how many times those apps have been downloaded.

Thanks

Still none of these have anything on the "I'm Rich" app about a year ago. Cost $999 and literally all it did was display the words "I'm Rich" in golden letters with a shiny diamond background. I believe 6 people bought it....

Thanks
    I don't see why people can spend up to $300 on a piece of software when there is always cheaper alternatives.

Thanks

$10. And if anyone ever told me they paid over $20 I'd probably laugh in their face while spitting my Voss water all over them.. Oh wait...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The most I've paid for an app was Docstogo, I believe it was $16.99...I believe a lot of people actually have paid up to $30 for apps like "logmein" but I am just content with Teamviewer free edition

Thanks

I only download the apps labeled "FREE"

Green Apple
    Thanks

The most I spent was $29.99 for the slingplayer app. Worth every penny!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    the most ive spent is 10 dollars haha. im not a huge app buyer though

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wil_mcmains View Post
    Still none of these have anything on the "I'm Rich" app about a year ago. Cost $999 and literally all it did was display the words "I'm Rich" in golden letters with a shiny diamond background. I believe 6 people bought it....
    That app was pulled the day after it was made.

I can't believe applications cost this much. Fully featured design, and 3-D rendering applications for Windows and OS X don't cost this much. I bought the complete Adobe Creative Suite for less than some of these apps. The programs needed to create these apps, cost less than the apps themselves. .
    Where did you find the whole Adobe Creative Suite for less than a thousand dollars?
    Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 costs $1400 for the lowest and $2500 for the whole thing.
    Last edited by syedsufyan; 05-30-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks

$69.99....Navigon App.....worth every penny too!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

40 bucks for subscription to the daily for a year which is a lot but i do really like that magazine.

Thanks

I have payed $150.00 for ProTrack for music mixing and productions but some of these apps are BS you should be able to try a free demo and if you like it use the option for an inapp upgrade purchase.