Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Queen of England Gets an iPad

Hybrid View

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default The Queen of England Gets an iPad

Stop the presses. The Queen of England has an iPad. And rumor has it, she got it for free (don't you just love it when people with a gazillion dollars get stuff for free?).

As it turns out, Her Royal Highness was turned on to the tablet by her grandsons, Harry and William, who are said to be equally enamored of the touchscreen device - ironic, especially since the Royals aren't ones to easily lift a finger for anything. But, regardless, the 85-year old Queen was believed to be interested in the iPad as a way to help pass time on long trips.

Perhaps the Queen wants to personally test out the tablet before deciding if Steve Jobs truly deserves to be knighted. Or, it could very well be that the aging monarch is a closet jailbreaker who wants to conquer the iPad 2 from her throne. We may never know for sure. But one thing is for certain. The Queen is down with modern technology. After all, the Queen does own a cell phone (although we can't confirm if its an iPhone or not.)

We also know that the Queen has an iPod. Two years ago, President Barack Obama supposedly presented Queen Elizabeth II with an iPod featuring photos from her trip to the US two years earlier. Just this week, a Buckingham Palace source informed the British tabloid known as The Sun that the Queen "was particularly taken with how easy [the iPad] was to use, the large screen and how light it was. For a woman of her age, she is very switched on. It was only a matter of time before she asked someone to go and get her one."

Source: The Sun

The Queen needs a free one ... she doesn't actually have any real money she just lives off our TAX money!!
    Whether we want her to or not!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to windowsdan For This Useful Post:

mobyguy77 (05-10-2011)

hmmmm bitter?

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps the queen could share with us just how she will jailbreak that iPad2.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tsatryan For This Useful Post:

jamesgunaca (05-09-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Perhaps the queen could share with us just how she will jailbreak that iPad2.
    SRSLY!

In other news, South Park is going to rip on the wedding this Wednesday after toasting Apple a few weeks ago.

That pic is EPIC!

If she became a member that'd be awesome lol

Bribing her majesty won't get you a Knighthood Mr Jobs

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

mobyguy77 (05-10-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    ironic, especially since the Royals aren't ones to easily lift a finger for anything.
    Bit harsh. Prince William was saving lives fliying a Sea King helicopter only days after getting married. Back to work before most people are half way through thier honeymoon

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob_Quads For This Useful Post:

Quaddy (05-09-2011)

The poor get poorer and the filthy rich get sh*t free! Figures.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

"especially since the Royals aren't ones to easily lift a finger for anything"

you couldnt pay me enough money to undergo the punishing schedule they have to endure whether they want to or not, she, the queen (being 85) puts me to shame in terms of get up and go and i am ~4 times younger!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Default already on welfare
    Why should she get it for free? She is extremely wealthy, with projected net worths in the billions of USD. Granted the source of her wealth is already the tax payers of the United Kingdom, she has plenty of money already that she just took from the people, so what is less than a grand gonna do to her already billions of dollars?

the royals take ~8 million off us taxpayers, but gives back ~218 million

source

some people just dont get it!

Quote Originally Posted by og_mudbone View Post
    Why should she get it for free? She is extremely wealthy, with projected net worths in the billions of USD. Granted the source of her wealth is already the tax payers of the United Kingdom, she has plenty of money already that she just took from the people, so what is less than a grand gonna do to her already billions of dollars?
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

So she gives more than takes? I think you want to re-read your post.
    It Takes One To Know One

the image is LOLz
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

How come she gets to jailbreak her iPad...

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

iPhone? More like MyPhone LamboFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Amazing!!

LMAO at the caption

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Lawl @ your pic messany...

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    Stop the presses. The Queen of England has an iPad. And rumor has it, she got it for free (don't you just love it when people with a gazillion dollars get stuff for free?).

especially since the Royals aren't ones to easily lift a finger for anything. But, regardless, the 85-year old Queen was believed to be interested in the iPad as a way to help pass time on long trips.
    1. You're using "The Sun" as a source?

2. Where does it say (rumored or un-rumored) that she's getting it for free?

3. By default I'm no fan of the British Royal Family (being Irish) but you can bet she has done more days work and harder days work than you ever will.

4. Don't you just love it when people with a gazillion dollars get organ transplants at the snap of a finger while others die on waiting lists.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast