+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Conde Nast, Apple's Newest Publisher Play Thing

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Weekly recap of Magazine Publisher World: Time Inc. announces magazine subscribers will be able to view iPad versions of their magazines for free. Then Hearst stole Apple's heart and announced
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Conde Nast, Apple's Newest Publisher Play Thing

Weekly recap of Magazine Publisher World: Time Inc. announces magazine subscribers will be able to view iPad versions of their magazines for free. Then Hearst stole Apple's heart and announced they made a deal with the devil to provide subscription for their magazines starting in July.

Now, The New York Post is reporting Conde Nast will get the last laugh and be the first Publisher to pop Apple's subscription cherry.

The deal, to be announced officially next week, will make subscriptions of The New Yorker available immediately. Seven of Conde Nasts' magazines (Wired, Golf Digest, Self, Allure, GQ, and Glamour) will follow and be available via subscription by the end of May, beating Hearst's offerings to market by at least a month.

With the new subscription model in place the current price of single issue digital copies will be cut from $4.99 ($3.99 for Glamour and Wired) to $1.99. Annual subscriptions for each magazine will sell for $19.99.

The tidal wave of activity in the last week between Apple and publishers is surprising. Both sides have remained stoic in their positions over key dividing issues involving subscriber information until the last few days. Publishers want as much detailed information about their subscriber base as possible. Apple doesn't want to give them that information. It appears as though Conde Nast and Hearst will utilize an opt-in system to get more information from consumers. The problem for publishers is they must get subscribers consent before getting the information.

Earlier this week I posed the question who would prove more important, the Pulpit (Apple) or the Preachers (publishers). Well it looks like Apple just bought the church.

Source: The New York Post

Banned
    Thanks

I'm Jewish. So would it be rabbi vs congregation???

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Good question, Ask your Rabbi at Temple this weekend.

Thanks

I think Evil and Genius go hand in hand.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Finally. I have been waiting on wired to do this.

BTW that issue in the image has an awesome article on Jobs' style of running Apple. It is the one issue I kept and have tossed others.

Thanks

Default Otterbox Defender Case for iPad 2
    Does anybody know when the otterbox case is coming out for the iPad 2? EFF!!! It is taking forever!!! I know this is off topic but I was just wondering if anybody knew.