+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Mania Sweeps Asia as iPad 2 Makes New Global Debuts

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
The iPad 2 went on sale in several new countries today, the largest markets of which were in Asia. Hours ago, Japan, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines,
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple Mania Sweeps Asia as iPad 2 Makes New Global Debuts

The iPad 2 went on sale in several new countries today, the largest markets of which were in Asia. Hours ago, Japan, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey and UAE joined the expanding list of nations to now boast iPad 2 availability.

Similar to the first wave of international launches one month ago, long lines (sometime 500 people or more) gathered at individual Apple stores awaiting the official kick-off of sales. Despite the rebuilding and recovery efforts still taking place in earthquake-ravaged Japan, the flagship Apple Store in Tokyo was described by some as a feeding frenzy, with consistent lines extending for blocks.

According to one report published earlier today by the Foreign Associated Press, 16-year-old mainland Chinese student Dandy Weng waited in line for over 12 hours in a torrential downpour outside the Apple Store in Hong Kong. "I haven't slept in 48 hours. I'm very tired but excited," he told AFP. "I will be the first in China to have the iPad 2", he added. "I can't say how happy I am right now."

The same pandemonium is expected next week on May 6th when the iPad 2 arrives in China, the world's largest mobile community with an increasingly insatiable appetite for all things Apple. Although China will cap off the latest round of global roll-outs, Apple says that further international availability (for 2011) will be announced soon.

Source: Foreign Associated Press

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha, that's awesome that she'll be the first in China to get an iPad 2, she definitely deserves it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if android is worldwide yet? I love apple hype. I get all excited whenever a new shiny comes out...
    :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First apple does not have a store in hong kong all sales are done thru resalers, and not all resalers get unlimited ipad2 they are limited to the importance of sales generated. so, many resalers have long lines