Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Announces New International Availability of iPad 2

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple Announces New International Availability of iPad 2

Although Apple is making the biggest headlines Wednesday for addressing the iOS tracking scandal and announcing Thursday's long-awaited availability of the white iPhone 4, Apple has made a third announcement that will certainly be of interest to countless would-be iPad 2 buyers around the world.

This morning, Apple announced that the second-generation iPad will arrive in Japan on Thursday, April 28 and Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore and eight additional countries this Friday, April 29th. iPad 2 will be available at Apple retail stores at 9 a.m. local time, select Apple Authorized Resellers, and online through the Apple Store beginning at 1 a.m.

With regard to the tablet's availability in China, the world's largest and fastest growing mobile population, the iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will reach China on Friday, May 6. The iPad 2 debuted in the US on March 11 and Apple bulked up distribution to 25 additional countries on March 25. Japan was initially scheduled for a March 25th launch, but the tragic earthquake there last month delayed the launch.

The full list of new countries getting the iPad 2 by Friday looks like this: Japan, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey and UAE. Apple says that further international availability will be announced at a later date.

Source: Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone frail1's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd be a lot more excited if they announced availability in the United States...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to frail1 For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (04-27-2011)

I ordered my iPad 2 today, they said it will come in June *_*
    YouTube: CydiaForYou
    Twitter: Michael Molavi

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL... ^^ And i was hoping to buy an ipad when I went to the US in 2 weeks. I guess that means they won't have any?

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    I ordered mine in late march and am still waiting..... -.-' sigh

Wow... That was quick!

The iPad original arrived after a year in India. Now 2 launches in 4 months...

Seems like Apple finally realized market potential in India...

Target! Every target store I've been in has them.
    P.S. My apogee jam should be here tomorrow
    PS3 ID : glassJAw624 : add it

I ordered 4/8/11 and it shipped yesterday. I only ordered online because of the engraving. Been to several local targets, 64gb white wifi only seems rare.

I guess I got extremely lucky. I walked into Best Buy on April 6th, intent on buying a hard drive. Picked out the drive I wanted, and asked the helper guy if they had any iPad2's in. He said they just might do it. Turns out the truck just dropped off 9 iPad2s. 8 of 'em were pre-orders, while the 9th wasn't spoken for. I snagged it. A white 32gb Wifi only. I'm happy with it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone frail1's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been to several target's here and there have been none at any. I'm not actively looking for one now though.

Ordered 2+ weeks ago (white 3G att 64g), still waiting

Tomorrow I'll go to target and pick one up and then sit it back down
    Last edited by glassJAw; 04-27-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Thanks

Went to the apple store and got a 64gb black wi-fi. They also had white 32gb wi-fi Went back to get the 32 and they were sold out. The only ones they had in stock were Verizon models You can get those anywhere Nobody wants them. I ordered a black 32gb wi-fi thou the business dept. at the apple store and have a due date of may 16th Plus free shipping and 2% discount for business customers I'am hoping to get it sooner. Well time will tell

:-) welcome to india.. and we are still waiting for iPhone 4..
    wonder if apple is waiting for the 2G scam to get over....? just a guess !

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Molavi View Post
    I ordered my iPad 2 today, they said it will come in June *_*
    I ordered mine a few days ago, said it will be shipped on the 9th of May, delivered on the 11th of May.

They sell them
    in Dubai with no FaceTime just like the iPhone 4

PM me if u think my sigs nice

Although Apple is making the biggest headlines Wednesday for addressing the iOS tracking scandal and announcing Thursday's long-awaited availability of the white iPhone 4, Apple has made a third announcement that will certainly be of interest to countless would-be iPad 2 buyers around the world.

ipad case